Covid vs flu?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid vs flu?????

I see on here we have a whos had covid thread and unfortunately some of our guys have been hospitalized with major complications and others lose their smell and taste. Just wondering how many have been hospitalized with major complications with the flu in the past? I see it compared alot so i just figured id ask as i dont know anyone who ever has. Glad to see some of the guys on here recovering or have recovered that had the complications.

So I had Swine Flu this past Dec with pneumonia and sinus infection. I was down for 40 days. I tested positive for Covid IGG antibodies and only thing I remember was an allergy.

Normally I don’t even know a person with the flu from year to year, this past year I knew many folk across the country with it and they knew many folk with it. Many were hospitalized .

There were also folk exhibiting Influenza like symptoms but tested negative for flu. This was all last fall, and winter before February
    Last edited by Johnny44; 10-20-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
      So I had Swine Flu this past Dec with pneumonia and sinus infection. I was down for 40 days. I tested positive for Covid IGG antibodies and only thing I remember was an allergy.

Normally I don’t even know a person with the flu from year to year, this past year I knew many folk across the country with it and they knew many folk with it. Many were hospitalized .

There were also folk exhibiting Influenza like symptoms but tested negative for flu. This was all last fall, and winter before February
      I never get sick and i was on my arse 3 weeks , last of Dec 1st of Jan this year. Kinda odd but the said i tested pos for flu. Ive never had the antibodies test and sorry to hear that sounds brutal but hope youre doing well

Comment

My lungs cleared up, thats what matters most. Hope you are well too.

Comment

I don't know a single person..And I know lot's of folk's!!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no direct contact with anyone that has ever been hospitalized for the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post

Are you sure you didn’t have Covid in December?

Comment

I had H1N1. It was bad. Got fluids twice by IV. Spent many hours on toilet with trash can in hands.

Comment

I know a few people that have had c19 and the flu. Most of them said the flu was far worse. A couple said they didn't know they had c19, but tested positive....how is that possible?
                  The flu and pneumonia probably kills more people than c19.

Personally, I had the flu one time(took a flu shot), felt terrible. Had pneumonia one time. Other than seasonal allergies, I don't get sick.
                  Last edited by lovemylegacy; 10-21-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    I had H1N1. It was bad. Got fluids twice by IV. Spent many hours on toilet with trash can in hands.
                    I have broken bones, been all kinds of sick and let me tell you, H1N1 is the worst shape I’ve ever been in. I had to get IV fluids twice also. I don’t think I ate for 3 days. And I was on vacation in Destin Florida.

Comment

I had Covid back in September. I'd classify it as feeling like the flu, slightly less intense symptoms and for less time. That being said, I don't fit into the category of people that are "high risk" for Covid complications so maybe that's why it wasn't too bad.

Whatever I had around New Years was wayyyy worse on the respiratory side of things. I had a cough for months after I got over that one. I really wonder if that was my first bout with Covid and that's why when I got it in September I had some minor symptoms for less than 48hrs then nothing at all.

Thinking back though, I didn't lose my sense of smell/taste in January, but I did in September. I'd classify the loss of smell/taste as being the worst symptom of Covid for me. It's just so aggravating that you don't want to eat because all you get is texture and no good smells and tastes.

Comment

have had both, flu was short-lived, Covid was same thing but 2 weeks in my case and in hospital for 3 days, slight pneumonia came with it.
                        Kinda speaks for itself. Some people blow this virus off but it can be serious.

Comment

Ive had both. I knew i had the flu for sure. Was sick and in bed. C19 was just weird never really had alot of symptoms. Felt hungover one morning and loss of taste.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Flu was worse for me.

Comment

Just got out Monday after 16 days in the hospital for Covid. Pretty bad but I was able to go home on minimal oxygen. Worst flu I ever had was three days and done. I did get a flu shot before I left the hospital on Monday. I don't want a double whammy.

Comment

Working...
                              X