Need hose advice for propane generator conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need hose advice for propane generator conversion

I bought a propane conversion kit for my portable Generac 17500/26250 gas generator. This generator is used to run my house when our power is out and I have a hook up for it that my electrician put in. This conversion kit allows for me to run off of gas, propane or natural gas. I have a 500 gallon propane tank I’ll be hooking it to and I’ll need about 60ft of hose to get from my propane outlet to where my generator will be while I’m using it. Note, this hose will be used only temporarily while I’m running that generator. It will not be left out all the time and it will mostly be run indoors across my shop floor and out the door to where I’ll have the generator temporarily setup during power outages.

The company that makes the conversion kit and regulator said I need 1/2” hose but what I can’t figure out is exactly what hose to buy? I’ve seen hoses that are $4/ft and hoses that are $1/ft.

Any advice of exactly what kind hose type and rating I need to buy would be super helpful.

Jason, I am not too sure. I could see 60ft being black iron pipe. Also make sure the 1/2" is ok for that distance. Sorry I cant be more help.

As much info as you give out on thermal and night vision, hopefully someone will be along shortly with the right answer.

So...in short...free bump

Comment

Thanks Jeremy I appreciate it. Hoping someone on TBH is a propane man or plumber. I've talked to my local propane distributor and they didn't have the answer. I called my plumber who plumbed my propane when we built our house and told me to call the propane man.lol

Comment

Try calling Texas Star Propane. They have a location in Plantersville and Huntsville. They have a whole generator division. I’m sure they can answer the question.

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

I would think you could run the copper tubing to where your generator will be. Put a quick connect and just hook to it when needed. That is what I going to do, by where my generator sets on my back patio when in use for the house. Then you would just need a quick connect fitting and a shorter hose to hook it up. Just a thought.

Comment

I would think, yellow gas poly , in 3/4 or 1" size. Then get the males or females ends, to adapt it to what ever IPS size you are connecting it to. Unhook it and roll it up when you're done with it.

Comment

Can you not run a permanent hard line (copper or black iron) to the temporary spot? That way you could have a quick connect, and use a short hose from there.

I use a hydraulic hose with swivel ends for my temp hoses. Like on my pear burner.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X