2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post

Got this guy Saturday morning. 23 yard heart shot and he was down in 40. South Newton county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you making me jealous! nice buck, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      .......and his second bow kill this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Awesome, boy is a stone cold killa! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
        Arrowed this brute Friday

Congrats! Man you fellers are putting down some nice bucks! Early too!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
          Yea, most of my places are fenced 32’x32’
          with hot panels.
          Doesn’t bother the deer and hogs haven’t climbed any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Man I put one up in June, 12-16’ hog panels, and not one deer has jumped in it.[/QUOTE]

That’s a big ole 7 point!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Man I put one up in June, 12-16’ hog panels, and not one deer has jumped in it.

That’s a big ole 7 point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

If the deer aren’t wanting to jump in it cut the panel in half. We have had good success doing that with finicky deer and were still able to keep pigs out

Comment

Man that is a trophy 7pt!

Comment

Ya'll knocking down some studs!

Comment

Big congrats to all of you who connected!!

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    Im close to there. Never really hunted Bowie, but have some buddies that do.

Do you know if the terrain is mostly piney woods or will it be a more of a mix of hardwoods/pastures?

I’m assuming the average deer around there is 120 or so with 130-140 being a good deer?

Comment

I am working from home this week and have noticed best deer activity has been around 9:30 am and again around 3:30 pm followed by last 30 minutes of daylight till an hour after dark. Good luck!

Comment

I had a dr appointment in lufkin this morning. Saw two good deer in the road acting retarded. Both in dcnf about 10 miles apart

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                          Do you know if the terrain is mostly piney woods or will it be a more of a mix of hardwoods/pastures?

I’m assuming the average deer around there is 120 or so with 130-140 being a good deer?

The areas I have frequented have been the public lands around Wright patman. It’s mixed timber with basically no topography change. I hunt the same property type in cass county and it can be frustrating because it’s hard to really get a pattern on one. I’d say you are on par with your assumptions on the quality of deer. There have been some hosses killed every now and then but it seems to be rare. I’d honestly consider a man lucky to get a 120.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I had a dr appointment in lufkin this morning. Saw two goot deer in the road acting retarded. Both in dcnf about 10 miles apart

Things should get real interesting starting Sunday afternoon all next week I’ll be locked in!

Comment

Kiddo has a trap tournament this weekend so we be skipping. Still waiting on the weather to force me to take some time off and see what the woods will give me

Comment

Well was going to head out Thursday after work for to hunt Friday - Sunday but plans just changed and will leave Friday and hunt Sat - Mon.

Comment

Working...
                                X