No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed the discussion on this earlier in this thread, but has anyone gotten their hands on the Pulsar Krypton FXG50?

Really interested in this thing...

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
      I may have missed the discussion on this earlier in this thread, but has anyone gotten their hands on the Pulsar Krypton FXG50?

Really interested in this thing...

I’ve been in talks with Pulsar about this unit and they told me this week that they don’t expect to see it in the US until 2021 and I think the price tag is going to be $$$$. Likely way more than their previous thermal clip on units.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        I’ve been in talks with Pulsar about this unit and they told me this week that they don’t expect to see it in the US until 2021 and I think the price tag is going to be $$$$. Likely way more than their previous thermal clip on units.

Jason
        Just did a little more research and saw the $5K + price tag. Ouch!

With that being said, are there any clip on units that are worth buying in the $2k to $3K range? I am not aware of any. I love my Trail 38, but would like to be able to have a clip on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Heck yea
          I’ll give details on it later, but let’s just say I’m a pulsar customer for life after this experience.

Comment

I’ve got a Nvision Halo Lr with a Dvr and battery pack I’ll probably be putting in the classifieds soon. Bought it new in December 2019 from good ol Outdoor Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
              I’ve got a Nvision Halo Lr with a Dvr and battery pack I’ll probably be putting in the classifieds soon. Bought it new in December 2019 from good ol Outdoor Legacy.
              Don't rush it yet. They will have kinks to work out and also the image quality is not quite the same.

They used a cheap lenses with this unit, hence the $2000 lower price tag. THey have to make it up somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Like anything else at that level your pay substantially more for less dramatic increases in quality. Shooting you won’t tell much difference. When you’re scanning and studying animals to ID at distance is when I can notice the difference with the Trijicons.
                This is what I also notice with my REAP

I looked thru a Thermion last weekend and was very impressed. I hope to see the Thermion this weekend on live pigs.

I really like this scope, and am anxious to see it. If it is comparable I may sell my REAP and buy one because of all the loaded features and video

Comment

Great info on the XG50 podcast this morning Jason. Enjoyed the in depth review from you and Hans

Any news on the Axion XQ38 LRF? Think you guys will get you hands on one before they start shipping to customers?

Comment

Have any of you guys had any experience with Bering Optics? They are out of Irving. Stopped by gun store in Decatur and was impressed. Store owner said he has had good luck with them and that they have a built in filter that helps visibility in high humidity conditions.

Comment

For those HALO-LR guys......stay tuned as Nvsion is hitting the market with the BAE core and onboard recording and battery in early November

I don't expect the price point too be where the XG is, but the trijicon and Nvision with BAE lenses is better then the XG lenses. I suppose that is where they made this price difference at

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        For those HALO-LR guys......stay tuned as Nvsion is hitting the market with the BAE core and onboard recording and battery in early November

I don't expect the price point too be where the XG is, but the trijicon and Nvision with BAE lenses is better then the XG lenses. I suppose that is where they made this price difference at
                        Yep. Got a buddy that ran one this past weekend doing some testing. He wouldn’t give any details other than saying it was worth the wait. If my XG wasn’t “free” I’d have to consider the NVision instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          Yep. Got a buddy that ran one this past weekend doing some testing. He wouldn’t give any details other than saying it was worth the wait. If my XG wasn’t “free” I’d have to consider the NVision instead.
                          I hear ya. $5999 price point is what will sell the crap out of XG thermals. I assume N vision will be closer to $7

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                            Have any of you guys had any experience with Bering Optics? They are out of Irving. Stopped by gun store in Decatur and was impressed. Store owner said he has had good luck with them and that they have a built in filter that helps visibility in high humidity conditions.
                            If your talking about the Hogster, I’ve been waiting to hear from Jason about them. Supposed to be real solid for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_IV View Post
                              Great info on the XG50 podcast this morning Jason. Enjoyed the in depth review from you and Hans

Any news on the Axion XQ38 LRF? Think you guys will get you hands on one before they start shipping to customers?
                              Thank you sir, glad you enjoyed it.

Pulsar is sending us and another dealer their first small shipment of Axion XQ38's (not the LRF) to begin testing. I should get them sometime next week. They said they do not have a firm ETA on the LRF's yet but the factory is still saying October. The LRF pre-order list is growing quickly, people are very excited about the LRF option on an affordable handheld unit.

Originally posted by gingib View Post

I'm not saying this won't be coming down the line but I was on the phone with N-Vision 2 different times today and they told me there is no internal video recording unit being field tested and there is no internal video recording unit coming in November. They said the confusion could be with the newly announced Nox unit that is coming in November that is helmet and rifle mountable and it will not have internal video recording.

Not at all saying you're lying because they could be lying to me but they said I could come post here with this corrected info. Again, I don't have any secret knowledge, they might be working on something for the future, but they said this info was incorrect.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                                I just got my first Bering units in and Hans and I in the early stages of testing. We met with Bering in January at SHOT but held off jumping on the Hogster because we wanted to let the market test the scope and Bering's customer service. We felt the potential lost sales over 9 months was worth the alternative of finding out we weren't long term pleased with the scopes or Bering's service. The good news is, the market has spoken and people are pleased on all fronts and I've got a buddy that's a dealer and he's been selling and using their scopes for a few months and he's been over all very happy as well.

We are waiting for more Hogsters to hit our warehouse because like everyone else this year, Bering can't get enough supply to meet the demand. We hope to have them in stock soon. Hans and I will be field testing them and letting you know our opinions very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X