Best Winter/Rainy Day Recipe for your Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Winter/Rainy Day Recipe for your Family

Other than chili (had it recently), anyone have any good recipes for a wet rainy day. I was thinking something that I could leave simmering on the stove while watching football and putting up Christmas decorations. Let me hear your family go to recipes.

Navy bean soup made with leftover ham.

Comment

Chicken and Dumplings or Jambalaya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boil a whole chicken. (Minus the feathers and the chirp) Debone the meat. I then use store bought chicken broth to put the meat in. Bring to a low boil, take canned biscuits pinch off quarter-half dollar pieces and toss in. Add poultry seasoning, salt pepper, garlic salt or powder if you like. It will thicken up pretty quick. And turn almost white. This is from my families chicken and dumplings recipe. Except they were/are smarter and cooler than me and used homemade dough. You will need several large cans of broth, and several cans of biscuits. I always buy too many biscuits or broth. So I can not give an exact number. Use a large pot and you can feed 5-6 people easily. I rather have only 2 or 3 people that way I can have leftovers for 2 days. It's better the next day, I love it cold for breakfast.

Comment

To add to my comment above, if you have leftover turkey you can use the turkey in place of the chicken. As I am typing this I am kicking myself in the butt for using my Left over turkey to make a stew instead of dumplings.

Comment

Potato soup with ham in it.

Comment

Wife took the left over turkey and some andouille sausage and made some turkey gumbo. Put it in the slow cooker and let it go all day yesterday.

Good stuff.

Chef John Folse & Company is the parent company of several food related industries. From custom food manufacturing to a fine dining and bed breakfast, Chef John Folse & Company encompasses many aspects of the foodservice industry. From Lafitte's Landing Restaurant at Bittersweet Plantation to our manufacturing facility located on the river in New Orleans, Chef John Folse & Company's gumbo of foodservice venues continue to add seasonings to the pot. White Oak Plantation nestled in the heart of Baton Rouge is home to our catering division offering services in off-premise and on-site event coordination. Exceptional Endings houses our pastry division, which supplies savories to the regional CC's Gourmet Coffee Houses. In addition, Chef John Folse & Company's publishing division has produced 7 books in the Cajun & Creole Series and accepts titles from independent writers. Chef John Folse hosts a radio talk show called

Comment

Another vote for chicken and dumplings

Comment

15 bean soup.

Comment

Homemade Alfredo redskin potato soup

Comment

Menudo

Comment

GUMBO

Comment

Gumbo or a pot of chili.

Comment

Send kid huntin. Chase momma around the house till she gives up. Burn calories. Make Turkey sammich

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Camp House Beef & Sausage Soup

Depending on how many you are feeding you need one to two pounds of Hamburger and one pound of ground spicy breakfast sausage. I use one to one for the added spice the sausage brings to the dish.

Chop up an onion.

Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a large pan and throw in the meat with the onion.

Sauté the meat with the onion until the meat is done. DO NOT drain the juice.

Add a can each with the juice in the can of: Green beans, sweet corn, kidney beans, red beans, spinach (two cans if you like spinach), sliced carrots, canned new potatoes, and black eyed peas. I always add 2 cans of Lima beans that I squish into a paste. It gives it a thickness and makes up the fluid level.

Add 1 can of Beef broth.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X