Hill Country Allergy Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country Allergy Tea

Does anyone make their own Texas Hill Country allergy Tea?

If so, willing to share the recipe?

never heard of it before, but a quick google search gave me this

How we do it: Cut young Ashe juniper leaves. Wash and chop to make a packed cup. Put in a pot with 1 quart cool water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let cool. Put 30 drops of juniper-water in 8 ounces of cool water and drink it down. IN MID-OCTOBER.

Air the house out.

Looks like its a little late for this year

Comment

I will help you out. Tried local honey from neighbor- tea- some snake oil stuff my wife suggested. Goto an allergist and get tested. Get shots. Several years ago I was on steroids and antibiotics several times a year. Now I take nothing and never get sick. Get a shot now twice a month.

Good luck as it is miserable

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I will help you out. Tried local honey from neighbor- tea- some snake oil stuff my wife suggested. Goto an allergist and get tested. Get shots. Several years ago I was on steroids and antibiotics several times a year. Now I take nothing and never get sick. Get a shot now twice a month.

Good luck as it is miserable
        So I recently went to a ENT doc and he recommended testing and shots or drops but said it takes some lengthy amounts of time to work. How long did it take before you noticed a difference? Do you self administer shots or go get them? Does your insurance cover them?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
          So I recently went to a ENT doc and he recommended testing and shots or drops but said it takes some lengthy amounts of time to work. How long did it take before you noticed a difference? Do you self administer shots or go get them? Does your insurance cover them?
          I’ve been doing the drops for a couple years now...took about that long, but I feel like I’m finally seeing some relief. Haven’t had near as many sinus infections are issues the last 6 months or so. Hopefully that persists.

Comment

In San Antonio several years back we had a local TV station weatherman that would tell people to eat 1 cedar berry the first day, 2 the second day, 3 the third day until you get up to 7 days at 7 berrys then yo go down 1 per day 6 on day 8, 5 on day 9, 4, 3, 2, 1...you get the idea. Never tried it, don't know if it works or not. Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Not something we have made at home my wife and one of my son's are highly allergic to the cedar that is at the deer lease. NOTHING they took ever helped. She found "Texas cedar Fever" at HEB and started taking it every day and now the cedar does not bother them at all. Most other allergens are stymied too.
              It is supposedly formulated specifically for grasses, weeds, trees, etc... that are native to or found here in Texas

Comment

I start taking this 1st of every December whether i need it or not. I play in the cedars weekly and never even have a sniffle. I am highly allergic to cedar and other pollen and have had no symptoms in three years.

I was a big time non believer until i tried it. Generic version at Sams is something like 6 bottles for $25

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flonase.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	24570762

Comment

Insurance covers. It cost me $35 total. Took about 6 months. Gotta goto office and get shot and wait 15 minutes. 2x a week , then 1x and now I’m every other week.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                    I start taking this 1st of every December whether i need it or not. I play in the cedars weekly and never even have a sniffle. I am highly allergic to cedar and other pollen and have had no symptoms in three years.

I was a big time non believer until i tried it. Generic version at Sams is something like 6 bottles for $25

[ATTACH]945137[/ATTACH]
                    The picture or link did not show up on my phone. Just Flo. Is it flonase?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post

[ATTACH]945137[/ATTACH]

Yep, same for me. Fluticasone propionate is generic Flonase. I snort it winter and spring. It took me a few yrs after living here to realize I could have allergies in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                        The picture or link did not show up on my phone. Just Flo. Is it flonase?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                        Yes

Comment

Move to Lubbock for a couple years and your hill country allergies will be null and void. Seriously, I grew up in the Austin area. Through high school, sinus infections and sick several times a year. Moved to Huntsville for college and same thing, sick with sinus infections several times a year. Ended up moving to Lubbock, following my girlfriend/fiancée and going to grad school. Lived there for over three years. That red dirt was worse than the hill country and east Texas combined. Sick constantly with sinus infections, etc.... We moved home and I almost never get sick with that stuff any more. I guess I built up an immunity to allergies after sucking up red dust, blowing wind, and tumble weeds for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Insurance covers. It cost me $35 total. Took about 6 months. Gotta goto office and get shot and wait 15 minutes. 2x a week , then 1x and now I’m every other week.
                            Thanks bud! I may get more serious about it because this s... sucks! Never even had allergies until my late 30s and now it seems like I cannot shake it and **** near year round with cedar being the worst I believe. Trying nasacort and xynol or something now but I think all it has done has made my since of smell better but still have the drip.

Comment

Working...
                            X