Today's thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's thoughts

Some may or may not know I've been in a real struggle with my faith, sin and just plain ole willful disobedience.

I've not been referring to myself as a Christian. My thinking was. I can ONLY be a Christian if I DO or DON'T DO things or stuff.
    So this morning on the way in to work this was revealed to me or maybe re revealed, if that's even a thing...

If I can ONLY be a Christian by DOING or NOT DOING things or stuff, than I'm living under the law not Grace.

Some verses that came to mind are.
    Matthew 18:10-11
    I came to save the lost.

John 10:10
    Read the whole chapter
    I came to give you abundant life

Matthew 5:17-20
    I came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it.

The fact He chose me/us also sticks out to me.

Fact you ask.
    ABSOLUTELY
    What did Jesus say in the garden when he was sweating drops of blood?

If it was what you could do or don't do that makes you a Christian, you wouldn't need Jesus and His death would have been for nothing.

Comment

Self doubt low self worth,unreasonable self expectations,and a hurting conscience are all things satan uses to discourage us.We’re imperfect and going to fall short.Thank goodness for the ransom sacrifice of Jesus.Our Heavenly Father Jehovah put a rock solid plan in place to save us imperfect humans.We have to believe have faith and do our best that love that grace is there to fill in the gaps and save us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        If it was what you could do or don't do that makes you a Christian, you wouldn't need Jesus and His death would have been for nothing.
        Bingo. The entire New Testament and the specific words of Jesus are full of things we're supposed to do and not do. God isn't messing around when he lays out ground rules for Christians. He absolutely expects us to try and do things correctly, but he also knows we're going to fail, often miserably. Our pride often doesn't allow us to deal with failure, and more importantly to lay it at His feet when we do. We end up completely discouraged.

He wants us to bring our failures to Him more than he wants perfect little angels.

Comment

Good thread. Thanks to all of you. I needed this today.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

If we could DO enough on our own to attain righteousness, then the cross was for nothing. Grace is an amazing thing. Understanding grace, doesn't give us a license to sin as the world sometimes accuses... rather someone who understands grace, their unworthiness, and weaknesses doesn't want to trample on the blood that was shed for them. We all fall short. That's why we need to be dependent upon Jesus and His spirit everyday.

Comment

Believe and repent. That's all.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X