Fixin a TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixin a TV?

Brand new TV around Christmas. Got aced by a lightweight football thrown by 3.5 yr old grandchild. Has about 40% of the screen, right smackdab in the middle, that is just different color dots. Is it repairable? Affordably?

Cheaper to buy a new one.

Comment

Something that new has replacement parts available. At least get a quote before shelling out money for a new one.

Comment

Try holding a magnet to the screen. Used to work on older tv's. If it changes the colors move the magnet around til you get the picture like you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
          Brand new TV around Christmas. Got aced by a lightweight football thrown by 3.5 yr old grandchild. Has about 40% of the screen, right smackdab in the middle, that is just different color dots. Is it repairable? Affordably?
          kids got an arm

Most likely cheaper to buy a replacement than to fix. Check to see if you could get it repaired under warranty before making any final decisions.

Comment

It was only $200, And we still have the old one. The new one was just a little bigger. Just hated spending that kinda money on that kinda product for only 1.5 months. Was not manufacturer defect and I am not one to pretend it was. Prolly not worth my time/money to fix it. I will try the magnet trick though. Had forgot about that one.
            Last edited by locolobo; 02-18-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

TV's are cheap, remember when Jr. broke the TV with the football story, is priceless. Saw a 55" at walmart for like 299.00. New TV's don't take a whack like a Curtis Mathis did.

Comment

I checked on having one fixed a few years ago. It was going to be at least $350 to fix it. Went and bought a new one.

Comment

We bought TVs for office staff for Xmas and had them shipped. Two of them had a power issue. Called Best Buy, they said trash them and sent two new ones. Didnt even want them back which i found hard to believe.

One of the guys called around to get price to get them fixed - was going to be more than we paid for TV. Junk from CHina.

Comment

OP, do you have Directv ?

Comment

Don’t take it to the gun range for target practice. Tired of picking up peoples trash they bring to shoot and leave.

Comment

Look for a degauss button on the tv.

Comment

Working...
                        X