Barndominium colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndominium colors

Question for those knowledgeable about barndos. My wife and I are looking at building a barn house soon. Here is the question: how dirty do they get on the exterior and show it? The reason I ask is because my wife is really liking the black exterior with cedar accents. I like that, but like the white farmhouse look better. Is one better than the other for showing dirt and grime? I'm assuming it's like a vehicle where black shows more than white. Anybody an expert? The last thing I want is to build something that looks crappy all the time

Don't do black. It can get so hot that it will damage your insulation and wiring. Foe a really interesting finish check out https://www.cortenroofing.com/?utm_s...0aAhOsEALw_wcB

It's Corten steel and is designed to rust but it's only the outer layer that actually rusts. My niece used it on her vet clinic and it looks bad ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      Don't do black. It can get so hot that it will damage your insulation and wiring. Foe a really interesting finish check out https://www.cortenroofing.com/?utm_s...0aAhOsEALw_wcB

It's Corten steel and is designed to rust but it's only the outer layer that actually rusts. My niece used it on her vet clinic and it looks bad ***.

That looks really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A black house? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          A black house? Really?
          In Texas !!

Comment

Show me a shingle roof these days that isn't black. As far as the white sheeting, I would stay away from it due to the black streaking that can occur over time. It looks great new but over time it gets nasty looking. We are in the beginning process of our build and have selected galvalume roofing, charcoal walls, and black trim and doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post

Thanks for posting this. That stuff might just work for a new project here at the house.

Comment

Black House

A black house? Really?
                Be kind...
                Black is an option, no need to wig out.

tending the fire,
                Bob G.

Comment

A black house? Really?

Yep. Something like this. It will be completely surrounded by trees if that matters

Comment

Following

Comment

Maybe a dark green with cedar, but not black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a two tone tan/dk brown. The dark shows way more. If I was to pick color again I would do light tan with a rock or lighter accent color at the bottom. Still even mine I can do 10 minutes with a waterhose and it is clean.

Comment

On my shop we when with burnished slate and galvalume roof. It would look good with cedar trim.
                          Attached Files

Comment

1-That rusty weathered tin is awesome and if we ever build, I'm sold.
                            2-It would be hot, but the look of the black with the cedar is sharp looking.
                            3-Big fan of the burnished slate too. Jealous, smokin6.7.

Comment

Go with light colors. Black will look dirty 90% of the time. Ours was tan sides with light green roof, forest green trim and gutters.

Comment

Working...
                              X