Water heater drain replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water heater drain replacement

I decided to do this after someone posted about having a hard time draining their water heater a few weeks ago. I changed out the drain valve on my water heater today. After changing an element 2 weeks ago and taking forever to drain, I thought it would help bunches. I was correct. I flushed it after installing the new drain valve easily and plan on flushing every 6 months. It was an easy install and did not cost very much in parts. Will be much easier and faster in the future. I took the handle off and wired it to the PRV so it would not get turned on accidently

[/quote]

I like the change to the water heater drain, but why is your pan drain plugged? Does it go through the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
      I like the change to the water heater drain, but why is your pan drain plugged? Does it go through the wall?
      That is not a plug, it is an elbow and drains outside.

Comment

Gotcha! Looked like a plug in the pic. I like what you did to the drain; I'll have to do that cause those hose bibs are a pain in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
          Gotcha! Looked like a plug in the pic. I like what you did to the drain; I'll have to do that cause those hose bibs are a pain in the ***.
          It`s this easy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPJYg0o_o0&t=5s"]How To Replace a Hot Water Heater Drain Valve - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Good move. I've had them in past that had to use a coat hanger to clear buildup to get to drain at all.

Comment

Good job. An extra long heavy duty screwdriver works very well if it gets stopped up.

Comment

Working...
              X