Hill country deer jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill country deer jerky

What's everyone's opinions on the best processor for deer jerky in the Hill Country? I hunt in West Texas so used to take everything to Jackson brothers in post but they no longer process since I live down here I'll just bring them back and drop it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think Kleins in Boerne is the best

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      I think Kleins in Boerne is the best
      Or cow creek in boerne
      Alamo in comfort tx

Comment

Klein’s or Alamo in Comfort

Comment

Stonewall Smoke house in Stonewall Tx. Really good at all they do.

Comment

I am having a deer down at Alamo right now. Looking forward to getting it back. I know the non-venison stuff we have bought in there has been fantastic.

Thanks Bklem for the suggestion awhile back.

Comment

I just came back from there (it’s my off period!) for my weekly Thursday purchase. 3 links dry sausage 1 lb parissa, full moon of cheese and something new-raspberry jalapeño sausage for the fire tonight. I’ve got a couple axis in there rt now that I ground up last weekend. I grind it and they package it. Good people.

Comment

To be the jackass that doesn't answer the question.. look up smarts jerky recipe on here and do it yourself. Easy and great jerky

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                  I just came back from there (it’s my off period!) for my weekly Thursday purchase. 3 links dry sausage 1 lb parissa, full moon of cheese and something new-raspberry jalapeño sausage for the fire tonight. I’ve got a couple axis in there rt now that I ground up last weekend. I grind it and they package it. Good people.
                  We bought some of the raspberry jalapeño sausage the other day. It was interesting. Really nice people, we dropped your name the 1st time we went in.

Comment

You really have to try Rhodes Bros Taxidermy and meat processing in Kerrville.
                    The smoke ring, the jerky and the cuts from butchering are incredible. You ALWAYS get all your meat back and the personal service is just that personal.
                    Go see Gary and let him take care of you. Easy off/on of I-10.

Comment

I've done my share

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        We bought some of the raspberry jalapeño sausage the other day. It was interesting. Really nice people, we dropped your name the 1st time we went in.
                        Heck they’ll probably charge you more now!

Comment

I've always heard Stonewall is the best for dried sausage and jerky. Will find out soon enough. Taking meat there Wednesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Klein’s Meats in Pflugerville!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stonewall is pretty good for dried sausage... but there is a new guy on the block that is getting my business now...

Republic Butcher Co in Round Rock. Used him for my pronghorn last month. Darn good.

Snack sticks, jalepeno/cheese sausage and burger with brisket.

He can do dried sausage, snack sticks and I thibk he does jerky.

Comment

Working...
                              X