Jeans alternative for lease work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeans alternative for lease work

The heat of August and the need for lease preparation don't gel very well but it's a necessary evil. Does anyone have some tips on alternatives to jeans? I sweat A LOT when working in this heat.

I just wear cargo shorts and snake boots.... Makes me feel better but probably not the smartest thing. I also check for ticks daily.

Comment

I wear big overalls and fishing shirt and I bet you don't sweat more than I do....

Comment

Shorts and work boots. Dust my boots with Sulphur and try to avoid thorns. I hate to sweat in jeans.

Comment

firstlite obsidian merino pants are really cool in the heat. Also got some deluth trading company pants, can't remember the name but they're comfortable in the summer heat and about 1/4 the cost

Comment

Light weight shorts, t-shirt and snake boots here with a heavy coating of Deep Woods OFF.

Comment

Prana Stretch Zion Pants. Best pair of pants ever made.

Comment

cargo shorts and snake boots. Spray down with Off and get after it.

Comment

I use woven work pants. Lighter than jeans, but tough enough for the brush. Carhart has some that are decent. My favorite is the Duluth Fire Hose pants. They have some stretch built in so they are super comfortable.

Comment

I throw on the carharts then change clothes before heading home...I need protection from all the getcha-gotchas more than I need to not sweat

Comment

Shorts and snake boots. Still sweat but it’s not miserable.

Comment

I got a couple of pants at either Sam's or Costco for this very reason. The brand is "Weatherproof Vintage" and they are very light and inexpensive. My Wranglers give me the swamp arse during the summer. Most of my shorts are jeans as well and even wearing those and snake boots it is still hot. These things are feather light and I intend on wearing them while hunting in early bow season.

Comment

I wear these. They are light weight and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                            I use woven work pants. Lighter than jeans, but tough enough for the brush. Carhart has some that are decent. My favorite is the Duluth Fire Hose pants. They have some stretch built in so they are super comfortable.
                            Second this. I got some khaki colored ones at TSC, they are different brand but they are similar, tough and cooler than jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                              I'll second the Carhart. I bought several of the Dungarees they offer for work pants - similar to Dockers - lighter than denim but still durable. Ended up liking them so much that now I wear them on the weekends and wherever. Keep the nicer ones for work and as I replace those, I retire "work pants" and they become WORK pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X