Anyone shoot slingshots(catapults)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot slingshots(catapults)?

Been shooting slingshots for a good while. Not your everyday Walmart wrist rockets but the small flat band type. It’s addicting. Just made my first goblet style and for being my first, it turned out pretty well I think. I’ve made several natural forked type and they’re a blast to shoot. I normally shoot 11mm steel balls. Buy them 50lbs at a time. Here’s a few pics of the ones I’ve made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look good

Comment

I shoot mine at cows during whitetail season

Comment

I shoot a little, killed a few rabbits, 1 bird, and have hit several squirrels, but them rascals are tuff. Draco on here is a slingshot expert.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool Dave. If you shoot those half as good as you do a shotgun a lot little critters are in trouble.

Comment

Joerg Sprave on YouTube will blow your mind on slingshots.

Comment

Draco is the man on sling shots. I have one I made from a Bodark stick hanging by the front door I shoot every now and then.

Comment

My Daddy used to make them for my brother and me. He tried to find a good fork in a Dogwood. Made the rubbers from an old inner tube, a red one if he could find it. We used rocks for missiles, sometimes green acorns, and if we were flush with cash, (nickels), we used store bought marbles. That was from a different time.......

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                  I shoot mine at cows during whitetail season
                  Me too!

Comment

Yep.....My sister is 44 years old and still terrified of sweet gum balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      My Daddy used to make them for my brother and me. He tried to find a good fork in a Dogwood. Made the rubbers from an old inner tube, a red one if he could find it. We used rocks for missiles, sometimes green acorns, and if we were flush with cash, (nickels), we used store bought marbles. That was from a different time.......

Yep those red inner tubes were live rubber! My dad always tried to find a persimmon sprout with a natural fork to whittle a stock out of... But "horse apple" worked good too, and it made for a prettier stock... Every time my dad would go to the Dr.'s office and they'd check his blood pressure, he'd ask the tech if he could have those strips of rubber they used to put on his arm... He had a sack full of 'em. They were kinda weak, so he'd double 'em up. Made the pouch out of the palm of old gloves, old boot tongues, anywhere he get a piece of leather... My brother was good with one, but by the time I came along, I was into pellet guns... never learned the skills to be good enough to shoot birds or rabbits/squirrels with 'em...

Sure brings back some fond memories tho!

Comment

This thread inspired me. My grandpa made me these as a kid. Felt like returning the favor. Have 2 blocks of walnut biscuit jointed and clamped together. Will fill the voids with pigmented epoxy then cut and round to shape.

Comment

ive got a cheapy from academy ill shoot at squirrels if they become a problem in the stand havent really done much other than that.

they look cool though!

Comment

I can't remember how to embed a video but this is worth a watch!

https://youtu.be/9ieWrWLjii0[/

This is the story of a man who makes sling shots and shoots them like an expert marksman.
                            Last edited by Nova; 04-28-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

That's not what we called them as kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X