X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family and hunting/land mean too much to me to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Portugal is our next visit. We traveled and hunted in Spain and loved it but it was not less expensive than the rest of Europe. Portugal is supposedly about half of Spain and most speak English. One of my peers from my Eli Lilly days loved going there as the wines were better than Spain & France.......his wine cellar was massive.....lol! The beaches are fantastic and his grandkids liked it there more than anywhere else in Europe they would go.
      Portugal is not a bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Family and hunting/land mean too much to me to do that
        I'll be flying back and spending a month or two at the ranch during hunting season

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          You either have to have to have a job to move to New Zealand or you have to pay the Government a hefty sum of money to do so! This is what I was told.
          And have a very high net worth with cash in the bank.....

Comment

Go to South Dakota with your guns and hunt pheasants with the governor......

Hell I would supply the shells

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
              Go to South Dakota with your guns and hunt pheasants with the governor......

Hell I would supply the shells
              Not a bad idea, but then also have a cheap place south of the border to hangout until it warms back up.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                Something to keep in mind. Cost of living and quality of life are indirectly correlated. As one goes up, the other goes down. It's logical. You have to have a higher tax rate to provide good health care (It's an assumption. I know. I don't want to get in a policy debate). There are some caveats. See lower right quadrant. These are countries with high quality of life (above median) and low cost of living (below median). There are not many.

Lithuania
                Czech Republic (Chechia)
                Slovakia
                Hungary
                Poland
                South Africa
                Romania

Key Take Away: Stay away from Switzerland and Nigeria.

All data gleaned from the web.

[ATTACH]1042647[/ATTACH]
                Czech Republic (Chechia) Is really cold , but on the positive side you can get Xenon (Nobel gas)treatment there
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-04-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X