Street Race Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I should add that there is a nice little program called Apex that will send Dad a text anytime they are speeding, excessive acceleration, excessive braking, etc. I get a text when the car starts to move. I’m so glad my parents didn’t have anything better than their network of friends in what used to be a small town...that was bad enough.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why waste the money on the GT the.....nevermind. Dumb question.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
      If H-Town was smart they would do that. Because they can’t stop it. Even bringing in different Police Agency’s doesn’t even make a dent in it.
      I'm down for that. I would spectate. Just before the toll plazas though so I didn't get hit with all the plastic flying when they try to squeeze 2 cars into one lane!

Comment

Unfortunately for H-Town TX2K is next month. It’s the Super Bowl of Street Racing. People will come from all over the US to attend. Crazy how many cars left San Antonio on 18 Wheeler Transports last year to attend. Once it gets late the roll racing will start. Feel sorry for the people living there. We’re talking 1,000 of cars racing on the street.
        It’s worth clarifying that TX2K is a legal track event at a sanctioned track. Those interested in seeing mostly street legal vehicles (some exceeding 3,000hp) in various drag events should check out the real event. It will be in the local news in 3 weeks regardless due to the street activities people take part in though.

The culture of street racing does gather the same week as the event, but events off the track grounds aren’t held as TX2K events or by TX2K. Lots of people come around to try and profit outside the legal event and hold their side events, TV shows or underground races.

From my teens in Houston, dig races still happened around town on given nights or afternoons. In my personal opinion the roll racing on highways took off as a way to actually organize a race in the early 2000’s once they changed the local laws for street racing. Not congregating on a side street made it harder to bust and shut down. Then it turned into groups taking over a highway and having random races as they drove. Now it has unfortunately led to other groups now shutting down major intersections to do donuts and burnouts. I can’t get behind the common approach to street events these days but maybe that’s just me aging out and seeing what I have to lose.
        Last edited by bdubb; 02-24-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          I'm down for that. I would spectate. Just before the toll plazas though so I didn't get hit with all the plastic flying when they try to squeeze 2 cars into one lane!
          I’m planing on going for a few days, just haven’t decided if I’m taking my car or not. Waiting on a buddy to see if he secured a house on VRBO with a garage. More than likely will take my truck and just be a spectator.

Comment

I’m gonna tell you this despite the fact that you hate mustangs!..[emoji52].

My dad bought my mom a 1987 Mustang GT 5.0HO. It would run. She hated it! He couldn’t sell it without losing money and guess who got his license in 1988.[emoji4] I talked him into giving me the car and I’d pay the insurance. I’d pay a pretty penny for a 1987 Mustang GT, black with ground effects, today. Just to have it! I had more fun in that car and learned at an early age how to drive it.

My wife has a car now that would blow its doors off and I’m afraid I’m gonna get in trouble.

I'm not brand biased & tried to buy a GT350, did a bunch of research on that big flat plane crank but they all wanted over sticker & I'm not doing that...if dodge had a car that could turn like the viper I would have considered. If you want a car that can turn right & left then the ZL1 & C7 vette own the US market in today's market. I like the 500 but it's heavy & too expensive. Nurburgring is the proving grounds.

For our times back in the late 80's that rare Regal owned the giddy up & was fortunate to get behind the wheel of a couple.

If I was to pick the fastest off the line today it would be the AWD Durango / Grande Cherokee with the hellcat...it's the king till these new electrics make our big HP displacement obsolete. The fact this behemoth can out sprint little 2 seaters with all four teeth biting is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
              Everyone get ready for the march 2k event that brings these fools out of the woodwork. Main event is at the track where it should be. Some real awesome cars and drivers. But, if you're a wannabe racer, morons from all corners of the earth will converge to see whos fart canned civic can beat the other guy's v6 stang. Someone will wreck and get killed, then we'll all get to read about the "tragedy" kinda like when a democrat does something dumb...
              Ehh, there will be plenty of quadruple digit hp cars on the streets as well. Crazy stuff.

Comment

I should add that there is a nice little program called Apex that will send Dad a text anytime they are speeding, excessive acceleration, excessive braking, etc. I get a text when the car starts to move. I’m so glad my parents didn’t have anything better than their network of friends in what used to be a small town...that was bad enough.[emoji4]

I am curious....what RPMs were allowed, what was considered “excessive”, etc? What was expected, and how did those conversations go?

I was held hostage by the same small town “constraints” as you were, which basically meant, don’t give anyone a reason to call your folks...because they all knew you, and them. That was all until you got out of town, of course....

Comment

Unfortunately for H-Town TX2K is next month. It’s the Super Bowl of Street Racing. People will come from all over the US to attend. Crazy how many cars left San Antonio on 18 Wheeler Transports last year to attend. Once it gets late the roll racing will start. Feel sorry for the people living there. We’re talking 1,000 of cars racing on the street.
                  Noted. Where is the actual event held?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Noted. Where is the actual event held?
                    TX2k is at Houston Raceway Park

Comment

Artos. I think they are going to have to put regulations (governors) on the EVs in the future. 2.8 second 0-60 pulling off the car lot is gonna kill alot of people. Right now it is expensive to own the sub 3 second 0-60s. But i did see one that just came out that is 0-60 in 3 flat and base model $40k

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
                        So, it looks like you were using the term democrats as slang/ a synonym for dumb-arse. That flew over my head and I was wrong to assume the worst when I looked at the video then the comment.

Maybe I was a little primed browsing the PACE forum this morning. I took Traildusts comment the wrong way and was wrong for doing it.

Apologize for wronging you, Traildust and to the others for throwing this thread way off-base. Need to cool it on jumping to conclusions.
                        It's all good Brother! I've done the same myself....on several occasions

Now back to our original programming!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Artos. I think they are going to have to put regulations (governors) on the EVs in the future. 2.8 second 0-60 pulling off the car lot is gonna kill alot of people. Right now it is expensive to own the sub 3 second 0-60s. But i did see one that just came out that is 0-60 in 3 flat and base model $40k
                          The AWD electrics will be the game changer in that arena...you have instant torque to all 4 & techno where you won't even have to consider throttle control as each tire will independently know how much to put down regardless of temp / conditions.

The good ole days of rumblin V8 rear drive drifting goodness will soon be in the rear view mirror...it's-a-comin.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            Really sad deal. I've got what appears to be about an 18 year old running around in my area in a brand new Mustang GT, flying down neighborhood roads at 80+ and blowing through stop signs. The little *****'s buddy in the passenger seat flipped me off the other day... it's just a matter of time, but they will all unfortunately learn the hard way, and spend years in prison.
                            I did not realize you lived so close. I have seen the Mustang kid a few times. I am in Wildwood and had a house in Village Creek for many years.

Comment

Shut down BW8 and let em run!

Darwin will raise his head and cull some of the street racers that spill over from the race track. Just hope they don’t take out regular folks doing their general commutes on the highways.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                The AWD electrics will be the game changer in that arena...you have instant torque to all 4 & techno where you won't even have to consider throttle control as each tire will independently know how much to put down regardless of temp / conditions.

The good ole days of rumblin V8 rear drive drifting goodness will soon be in the rear view mirror...it's-a-comin.
                                I wouldn’t call it a game changer. There quick of the line but have no juice on the top end. Every Tesla I have seen at the track gets chased down by good ole AMERICAN MUSCLE. When these EV cars approach 90mph-100mph they loose all there steam. And after two 1/4 mile passes they need to find a charging station. They are consistent in the times they run, I’ll give them that. But they need to fix the top end on these cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X