Deer Processing Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I went to Rendon meats... $100 for a deer to be ground once on coarse with nothing added, and I asked to save the side which was an addition $10.

Hate to say it but I tried processing a deer myself also this year. It took me about 8 to 10 hours just butchering it up, I haven't even done any grinding yet. I will gladly hand over $100 for them to do it after that experience.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer DIY, but I am limited on time. Being my first 1st time probably didn't help either though.
    Rendon Meats is pretty reasonable. We do our own but if I was in a bind, this is where I would go. $155 is too high for basic processing/grind IMO.

Comment

Mine was $315 but I got summer sausage, link sausage, deer sticks, backstraps n tenderloins butterflies n bacon wrapped, and tenderize steaks from the hams and beef added to the ground. Its worth it to not have to spend all day or more doing all that myself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cinnamon Creek is high (though I don't think that sounds really out-of-line), and you'll be lucky to get half your deer back.

Comment

Man apparently I’m way undercharging at my processing place here in Louisiana and need to open one in Texas lol. I charge $75 for basic processing. That’s ground meat, tenderized steaks, steaks, roast and back straps trimmed, vacuum sealed and labeled white no pork or beef added. Breakfast sausage and fresh sausages are $2.75 per lb 50/50 with pork and smoke sausage 50/50 is $3.30 per lb.

Comment

In Iowa last season the fee was $125 for a field dressed deer ground and straps into steaks.

Comment

Too high for sure !
              Next time keep on ice till Rendon will accept.
              They are the only ones I use and have for 12 years.
              Fair price, clean meat, and your meat is what you eat.
              Only $120 for a field dressed elk up there.
              Took 2 yesterday.
              If this ever happens again, contact me. I know the staff well.
              Last edited by sasqy; 02-10-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Ok, what do you think a fair price should have been. After cleaning and processing mine and my families deer for 40 years I finally took my first deer to a processor 3 years ago. It was worth every cent. It felt nice to drive away knowing that I was done with it and someone else was taking care of the processing, packaging and clean up. I will admit some people have good reasons to complain for various reasons about some processors, but most processors charge a fair price and do a good job. The deer processing fee is gonna be the least money you spend during a hunting season by far.

Processors cost of doing business.
                Labor
                Supplies ( way more than you think)
                Utilities (electricity gonna be high)
                Cost for having carcasses hauled off.
                Building cost (lease or own)
                Equipment repair
                Insurance (Liability)
                Taxes
                Miscellaneous

Comment

Their pricing is on their website. Pretty easy to know what it’s going to be when it’s done

Comment

Some processors, that I've used this year, seem to charge twice for the same thing.

they have a "basic" processing fee for cutting steaks, hamburger, skinning the game. But if the person doesnt want any of that and only wants sausage, snack sticks, etc they should not be charged the basic processing fee. The processer is charging an extra $100 per animal and not doing any of the work that is included in that price.

I took 2 quartered up bucks to a processor and paid alittle over $700, with out the added processor fee it would have been alittle over $500

Comment

All of our lease members use a processer in Bronte. Last deer I had done this year was a very good sized buck. Total bill for filets wrapped in bacon, Seasoned HB patties (3 to a pack), jalapeno/cheese sausage, ground HB + they will gut and cape for $25 was $160. The $25 for gutting/caping was well worth the cost for me and all our hunters just have them do it these days. Oh, no gamey taste either and pressure wrapped as well. (The jalapeno sausage is delicious!)

Comment

I take mine to Hunters Choice in Sanger. I quarter it and bring it on ice. They charge right at $100 for everything ground.

Comment

Try Griggers in Gordon. Right off I-20. Just as good as CCR but cheaper and 2-3 week turn around. Been using them the last two seasons and I’ve been very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                            Some processors, that I've used this year, seem to charge twice for the same thing.

they have a "basic" processing fee for cutting steaks, hamburger, skinning the game. But if the person doesnt want any of that and only wants sausage, snack sticks, etc they should not be charged the basic processing fee. The processer is charging an extra $100 per animal and not doing any of the work that is included in that price.

I took 2 quartered up bucks to a processor and paid alittle over $700, with out the added processor fee it would have been alittle over $500
                            Right.... cause you dont have to skin, quarter, debone, wash, and grind anything that's made into snack sticks or jerky.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              All of our lease members use a processer in Bronte. Last deer I had done this year was a very good sized buck. Total bill for filets wrapped in bacon, Seasoned HB patties (3 to a pack), jalapeno/cheese sausage, ground HB + they will gut and cape for $25 was $160. The $25 for gutting/caping was well worth the cost for me and all our hunters just have them do it these days. Oh, no gamey taste either and pressure wrapped as well. (The jalapeno sausage is delicious!)
                              This is who we always use and everything has always been super tasty. They also processed both zebras we had and it was the best meat ever!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                                Right.... cause you dont have to skin, quarter, debone, wash, and grind anything that's made into snack sticks or jerky.
                                My thoughts as well[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X