Recent Trail cam photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Trail cam photo

This one has me seriously mystified. I have access to a 35 acre parcel within city limits about a half hour from my home that backs up to 200+ acres of woods that lets just say -non employees aren't allowed to be on. So the property i hunt -Its a vacant piece of property that i cold called the owner, who lives up north, a few years back and he gave me written permission to hunt it. Its really convenient to be able to go sit in the woods on a random morning or afternoon during the season and not have to leave town to head to a lease. Obviously this is where I would only bowhunt as I previously stated- in city limits. While checking my cameras I came across this clown who seems to be holding a rifle and attire dressed like he is headed fishing or to dinner. Further more, at 830 pm in the dark of night id have no idea what he thinks he's doing in the woods. I don't even see a headlamp and if he was to harvest an animal, hows he gonna pack it out in that little backpack? Or- manage no not get caught firing a weapon in the night? Especially when the police station is less than 2 miles away as the crow flies. I have suspicions he's been turning my camera off and hunting in my spot then turning it back on, but not certain...While I'm greatful he didn't steal my camera,
    feeder or blind, id really love to ask him how this type of hunting works for him. Whats his success rate and if he realizes just how much trouble he would get into if the game warden (who has actually met me there before) paid him a visit. I gotta look at that pic and wonder why? If I was gonna hunt deer at night I would think a decent light would be one of the tools in my arsenal. Or at least a brother or buddy holding a light for me while I shoot. Sorry for the terrible punctuation as I'm hammering this out on my cell from the blind in a hail marry attempt one of my target bucks shows up on this cold front mother nature provided us with the last 2 days of season. Fingers crossed...
    Attached Files

Get a cell came and hide it in an inconspicuous place to watch your blind. Then call the game warden and report him. Bet that would solve the problem real quick.

Comment

This is what I would expect from an amateur trying to squirel hunt with a 22 and didnt have any camo...there are actually some decent bucks in the area I believe this
      a-hole either scared off or poached. A few weeks back I found a carcass of a whitetail that was picked clean and assumed the pack of cyotes that run the area got it. Now I'm really curious

Comment

What did that fish in your avatar weigh? Holy cow!

Comment

Not sure how he can see in the dark with no light. He has probably been going in there for quiet a while. My bet is he lives nearby.

Comment

I hate poachers. I hope you get a face pic of this ******* and use it to catch him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              What did that fish in your avatar weigh? Holy cow!
              7.6 lb....25 inches...taken by gig on a weeknight 3 years ago in galveston
              Attached Files

Comment

Kind of looks like an ACTS retreat bracelet he’s wearing.

That’s a big fish!
                Last edited by W E H; 01-02-2021, 08:29 PM. Reason: Extra comment

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

Good luck dealing w/ poacher.

Comment

That would make me feel safe “ a guy walking in the dark with a rifle where he is not supposed to be hunting something” bad accident waiting to happen.
                    I bet he has a light somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by derekg22 View Post
                      7.6 lb....25 inches...taken by gig on a weeknight 3 years ago in galveston
                      stud!!

Comment

12/27 would have had plenty of moon boys. My bet is a coon hunter. Is he wearing shorts?

Comment

With a bright moon you don’t need a light.

Comment

Originally posted by LetErRip View Post
                            stud!!

Unless it’s a female which it probably is [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                            X