Anyone seen this? Disgusting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
    My ex saw it live. Her son is a teammate. 2 sides to look at. The kid is a known rougher almost dirty player. The ref is known to go on power trips and heckles players he doesn't like.
    Kid complained to coach the ref was targeting him. Coaches did nothing.

Was the kid wrong? I believe so.
    Was it uncalled for? That's a tough one

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    WTH are you thinking!!!!???? Kid is disrespectful as crap. Totally uncalled for. Respect your elders. The ***** waits till ref turns his back and then he hits him and turns and runs like the yellow biaatch he is. I sure hope some classmates or someone catches up with him later and gives it back 2 fold.

Comment

His teammates will now be his biggest issue to deal with immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        White opinions? Are you making this a race issue? That's some world class bull**** if it is.

This is about right and wrong... no color involved. Simple as that. RGV, Southlake Carrol or on f'in Mars.
        Did I say he was being color or race profiled? No, what I said was that what if it had been a white student athletes would comments be the same and he portrayed as a punk with anger issues? It’s a what if scenario for convo to talk about and nothing more you all are getting riled up over something that didn’t happen to you or near you. I feel bad for the other teammates who just got disqualified for his actions it’s not right but he has to carry that weight on his shoulders now and that is a heavy price to pay for his actions

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
          Lord help us is right.....

Be a man, teach your sons that sometimes their is injustice. Men know how to control their anger, how to act with integrity and character and rise above a ****ty situation.

Every coach, every referee, every parent, every principle, every person who is a role model or disciplinarian in young men’s lives would be knocked out at some point if it was ok for a kid who “felt” like an injustice was done to them had the “right” to do so.

You know what happens if you knock out your boss because he treated you unfairly, you get fired.

You know what happens in today’s world if you knock out the mouthy parent in the stands, you get arrested.

Comments like these fuel the entitled mindset of our youth that they are right no matter what. Sometimes even when your right, you have no right to repercussion.

Teach them how to be a man and control themselves, not be a little boy who throws a tantrum every time something doesn’t go their way. That’s already what’s wrong with America’s future..... don’t feed the flame.

This thread should've just stopped here. There's no other acceptable explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
            Wow. Times really are changing! Sounds like half of the responses support the kid. Lord help us.
            You are correct sir. If that'd had happened in my day, my dad, granddad, uncles, heck half the town would've had my ***** tore up so bad for months and then repeated the cycle.

Most, or a lot of people under 30 today cant even spell respect.

Comment

NEVER is that kid's behavior OK under ANY circumstances, period. It doesn't matter what the ref did.

Gone forever + charges for assault. Personal responsibility and accountability. Period.

I'm shocked at some of the comments that there are mitigating circumstances and it's somehow the ref's fault. I'm disgusted by the regional elitist comment. GTFO with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
                Did I say he was being color or race profiled? No, what I said was that what if it had been a white student athletes would comments be the same and he portrayed as a punk with anger issues? It’s a what if scenario for convo to talk about and nothing more you all are getting riled up over something that didn’t happen to you or near you. I feel bad for the other teammates who just got disqualified for his actions it’s not right but he has to carry that weight on his shoulders now and that is a heavy price to pay for his actions
                The color of the player does not matter, it’s the actions of the player that matters.

Comment

#72 was trying to help stop the kid but he didn't have the legs for it.

My guess is this young man has some severe anger management issues and if he doesn't get this under control, he is going to be in a world of hurt one day - probably sooner rather than later. Let's pray some people step in his life that can be good role models and tame the fury.

Too many others have posted how I feel - there is no excuse for his action. It was his choice and there should be strong action by the school district. The coaches should also be held responsible for that outcome.

Comment

So yes you did make it a race issue from the outsiders looking in. That's garbage... Why in the hell would you feel like you need to bring that up here?

I'd be wiling to bet the attitude would be the same from the folks here whether he was mexican, black, white or Martian...

Comment

You're the one who brought up race in this thread.

Comment

Acts of violence aren’t condoned but no one has control over it or what your child will do bringing up right is the only thing we as parents can do doesn't mean they will follow that path, but also being an instigator doesn’t help either if you are known for heckling athletes amd them play the victim you act like you all are goody too shoes and have never done anything out of impulse. We all were young adults at one point and too say you wouldn’t act out because of something that made you mad or got frustrated over something when you were younger is hard to believe no matter how strict parents were back then. He roughed up a ref, he did wrong will he pay for his actions I hope he does but do I feel bad that the ref got what was coming to him no I don’t like I said things were escalating and nothing was being done about it. I’m sure if he wasn’t in the RGV and white opinions would be different about the punk.
                        Sir I don't think it matters if this kid is from the RGV or Hollywood Hills wrong is wrong. We are talking about assaulting someone over a game. If your children are at the kitchen table playing candy land, and one of your children cheats over and over to win, and calls the other kid names and mocks him over and over is that ok? I guess you would not condone it, or would not support it, but could see the childs point if he stabbed the other child in the eye with a fork correct? Hey he mocked cheated and was a ****, so its wrong but he had it coming. This official as bad as he probably was could have had a life long injury over a cowardly attack. This is plain and simple assault the kid should be in jail.

Comment

So yes you did make it a race issue from the outsiders looking in. That's garbage... Why in the hell would you feel like you need to bring that up here?

I'd be wiling to bet the attitude would be the same from the folks here whether he was mexican, black, white or Martian...
                          It happens all the time, where someone does something and comments start flying away about this and that and I would’ve done this or this would’ve happened. But it didn’t happen to any of us it happened to him and the ref only they know exactly why it got to that point. You can not honestly say it’s not like that all over Texas or this country heck there are comments that state they are not surprised it happened in that area stereotyping everyone from there and myself that we act out and that’s not the case. If I do wrong I accept my consequences and take it that’s the way I was brought up but everyone is just going after the kid and thinking the ref was not a fault for anything. Elder or not we have no control over anyone or their actions not even as parents if that was the case the jail system would be free of inmates.

Comment

It happens all the time, where someone does something and comments start flying away about this and that and I would’ve done this or this would’ve happened. But it didn’t happen to any of us it happened to him and the ref only they know exactly why it got to that point. You can not honestly say it’s not like that all over Texas or this country heck there are comments that state they are not surprised it happened in that area stereotyping everyone from there and myself that we act out and that’s not the case. If I do wrong I accept my consequences and take it that’s the way I was brought up but everyone is just going after the kid and thinking the ref was not a fault for anything. Elder or not we have no control over anyone or their actions not even as parents if that was the case the jail system would be free of inmates.

Right now.....you are the only one that brought up race. I think you need to reevaluate your own views.

This thread is about right and wrong....period

Comment

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
                              Sir I don't think it matters if this kid is from the RGV or Hollywood Hills wrong is wrong. We are talking about assaulting someone over a game. If your children are at the kitchen table playing candy land, and one of your children cheats over and over to win, and calls the other kid names and mocks him over and over is that ok? I guess you would not condone it, or would not support it, but could see the childs point if he stabbed the other child in the eye with a fork correct? Hey he mocked cheated and was a ****, so its wrong but he had it coming. This official as bad as he probably was could have had a life long injury over a cowardly attack. This is plain and simple assault the kid should be in jail.
                              Like the saying goes two wrongs don’t make a right, in no way am I saying that the kid did right by doing that what I’m saying is that he acted out of anger and frustration because he was being ignored by his support team. He shouldn't have done it but he did can’t change that he will face the consequences for his actions and now from his teammates as well for being disqualified. The ref got it coming unfortunately he had to learn the hard way as he had already been talked too about heckling athletes and complaints towards him. But like many people know the RGV has a compadre system in place and that why he is still there as for the kid unfortunately he will face the teammates more than anything else brought upon him wouldn’t be surprised if the compadre system steps in to defend him and he cleared of any charges brought against him

Comment

Right now.....you are the only one that brought up race. I think you need to reevaluate your own views.

This thread is about right and wrong....period
                                I did and it stopped right there. I haven’t brought it up anymore it was just a what if scenario. Right or wrong he did what he did and will get was coming as for the ref hopefully he stops heckling kids because if they did it once someone else will do it again

Comment

Working...
                                X