No announcement yet.

How long do you keep your bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just depends on what I was doing. I'll trade/sell a bow off within months if we don't get along but some bows I keep for years.
    The Carbon Spyder I have I bought in '15 then got into single string bows and it mostly sits in the spare room holding the case in place. I still shoot it now and then and use it for a night pig hunt sometimes but I shoot it well and it's kind to my shoulders so I don't see getting rid of it too soon.
    Now trad bows I've bought/traded/sold every year since I started but the Primaltech bows I have now most likely will go in the casket with me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Started shooting BowTech in 01’ when “Rocky” opened shop. Top end then cost $399. I bought a a new bow every year till 06’ or so when the allegiance came out at $499... so I kept them 2 years....
      Then the destroyer models came out @ $799... so 3 years. Then the insanity style bows hit $999

Now i shoot a realm x on its 3rd season. I will restring after this season and plan to keep

Comment

Started bow hunting in 09' and still have that same bow. I ended up upgrading the limbs, replacing the string and putting a new sight, rest, quiver, and stabilizer on it...but i got a brand new bow for $700 instead of 41600-$2000.

Only reason i would even consider upgrading at this point, is to find a slightly shorter ATA and something a little more quiet. That's about the only improvements i see from the latest bows compared to my old bow. Plus, if you wait a year, you can get a 2020 bow from the guys that have to have a new bow every year.

Comment

Still hunt with a Switchback and Monster. :-)

Comment

Started out with a PSE Spirit about 30 years ago. Then Jackie Bushman sold me on the Jennings Buckmaster which toughened up my forearm skin. Then comes along Bowtec & the General, had to have one, that bow blew up in my face at full draw with a group of friends around, scary moment. Bowtec replaced it with the new 101st Airborne, my oldest son still shoots it. I now shoot a Destroyer 350 LE & see no reason to upgrade yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my first Jennings compound bow in 1987 (my buddy is shooting it still). I shot it until I bought my Elite in 2010 (it is a 2009 model)

I'm still shooting the Elite.

Comment

I average 8 yrs. Currently going on yr 8 with my Creed. Its been a really good bow, and I just put new strings on it, so I imagine I will go at least another 2 yrs with it.

Comment

I am on year 14 of bowhunting and I have had 4 bows. All Bowtech starting with the Vital Impact, Guardian, Experience, and currently a BTX.

I keep them until I find a deal I cannot pass up to upgrade. I average 3-4 years per bow and have had my current one for 3 years I believe. Will upgrade when I find a VXR deal I cannot pass up but until then I'll stick with what I have.

Comment

Bought a new bow last year and am kicking myself for selling my old one. I'm more of the "if it goes where I am aiming" school, I'm good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      3 bows in 28 years. Started in 1992 with an old High Country (I couldn't afford an Oneida Eagle!). Shot the High Country for 15 years then got a Martin Cheetah. Shot the Cheetah up until I bought a Vertix last year.
                      Same. Started with the high country that someone gave to me in mid 90's. It was not new at the time. Then got a Hoyt in the early 2000's. Moved to the Z7 in 2008 (I think) and now have the Triax. I have gifted my old bows to friends to try to get them in to bow hunting.

Comment

I still hunt my Mathews Switchback with no plans for a new one.

Comment

Been doing it since 1971. Had 3 or 4 different bows before 1989 when I opened my own shop/range in Lubbock. New bow every year for the 11 years it was open, then I have bought 1 new bow since I sold the shop in 2000! Too dadgum expensive!

Comment

Started with a Mathews LX, then went to. Hoyt XTEC and then to Elite Synergy in 2019. Had that XTEC for a long time. Probably have this Elite for a while too. New bows are so dang expensive. I’ve never bought a new one. Used only for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started with a borrowed Browning Mirage from the 90's. Then I shot a borrowed MQ32 for a year or two. Then in 2001 I bought a Q2. Still shooting the Q2. No reason to drop the coin. I did buy my son a new bow last year, a Mission.

Comment

How long do you keep your bow?

Shooting my 2007 Diamond Black Ice. I put a new set of strings on it around 4 years ago. Killed my second biggest bow buck on Saturday with it. He was just as dead as the first deer I killed with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X