• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any time one offers you a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      I get more excited over a doe with a bow than a big buck with a rifle.
      X2

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
        Always. It's just a different trophy no less no more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don’t see trophies, just fun and meat, but an older doe can be harder to kill with a bow than a buck.

Comment

Any critter with a bow is a trophy! My first bow kill was a doe at twenty yards in 1998. I was 34 yrs old and had rifle hunted up until then. I thought my heart was going to explode when that arrow hit her. I had killed a lot of deer before her and I came home with her excited as a little kid.

My wife thought I had lost it because I was never that excited before on a rifle kill. Haven't killed a deer with a rifle since then.

Comment

I saved the hide of the first deer (which was a doe) I harvested, gutted, and processed by myself without help. That was my trophy doe. AND if that doe is an Axis or other exotic!!! I wish I would have saved the hide of the chocolate fallow doe I shot once.

Comment

Any critter I kill with my bow is a trophy in my opinion, whether anyone else thinks so is their right.

I have seen some old does that would be harder to kill with a bow than a wiley old buck

Comment

Always

Comment

They are all trophies. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    I get more excited over a doe with a bow than a big buck with a rifle.
                    Considering, I've seen neither...…………………
                    I'd get excited, as well....

(I couldn't resist)

Comment

When she starts doing the ol foot stomp and blowing.... she instantly becomes a trophy

Comment

For me it's one that field dresses at 100+lbs...it's an oddity like a clean/straight 150" 8pt in starr co.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                          When you take it off of a small parcel of land that you own, in a heavily hunted area.
                          Sure, I'd have loved to see a big buck, but those are few and far between in this area.
                          Making a great shot and seeing her fall within 25 yds didn't hurt my feelings, either.
                          Good deal! In this age of scoring inches, incredible rifles & scopes, feeding programs and high fence, Only bow hunters know how spooky a mature doe can be in a hard hunted herd. Well done.

Comment

The lead doe is the smartest deer in the woods. Congrats.

Comment

Any mature doe with a bow is a trophy!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Any doe you shoot and make a recovery is a trophy. Age is of no importance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X