No announcement yet.

2020 College Baseball thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy **** thats a good looking glove.. other than the steer on it ..

Comment

Time for the alumni game!
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll be at TCU's season opener vs. Kentucky, on Valentine's Day.

Comment

Oh what could have been...

Looking forward to it!
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I am blessed to have been at all three games that Mahomes appeared in. His lone pitching appearance was very close to costing the team the game. He came in with a 6-1 lead in the 9th. He walked a batter, hit two and was pulled. All 3 came in to score shortly after. The two that were hit are probably talking about it now. At the time they were trying to not rub the spot that 90 plus found them. He was and is a fierce athlete. He could flat knock the hide of the ball in batting practice as well. I am sure glad he chose football though. It is his true calling.

I am sure he will be watching opening day. I know he still sends texts to the coaching staff.

Guns up!

Comment

The time is nigh upon us....let’s dispense with the ****ing around and play some **** ball!

Horns and Hooters tonight on CUSA.TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ags open tonight at Olsen with Miami...of Ohio...coming to town for the weekend. We were invited to attend Sunday's finale, but hopefully we'll be putting the finishing touches on our move out to Tres Hijas by first pitch!

BTHO Miami(OH)!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Going to be an emotional opening weekend (and Friday night) at Tigue Moore Field. For the first time in 25 yrs., Tony Robichaux will not be in the dugout. Coach Robe died in July of a sudden heart attack and complications at age 57. It was a sh.ock to everyone since there were no signs of bad health. Just out of the blue it happened.

It wasn't about the wins or losses for Coach, it was all about using the game of baseball to make 18-20 yr old boys better men, fathers, husbands, and brothers later on in life. There are 3-4 TBH'ers who played for Robe at USL / ULL. Each has always shared the same sentiment that Coach Robe left a lasting impression on their life and made them a better man.

Coach Robe made it clearly known that it was never about him, it was always about the players. He knew one day he would walk away from the game and specifically told the administration not to memorialize him or rename the park or field after him. Since those were his wishes, Coach Robe's former players took it upon themselves to commission a statue honoring his legacy. All funding ($160K) was donated by the players who felt this was the best way to give back honoring their mentor.

Coach Robe was a Christian who believed in reaching out and helping people when their lives were in turmoil. Back in 2011, Matt Deggs was the associate head coach at A&M. Deggs drinking and alcohol abuse caused him to be fired by one of his best friends at the University. Deggs' life was in disarray and he was a broken man with no direction to turn. Coach Robe reached out to Matt and offered him a job as the hitting coach at ULL. Matt did an excellent job as was hired as the HC at Sam Houston. Deggs' has made it publicly known that Tony Robichaux saved his life , marriage, and career.

Now the situation has come full circle, Coach Deggs was hired as the head coach at ULL and will be the leader of young men. Looking fwd to this weekend as there will be lots of onions cut at the ballpark … I'm prepared and have my Kleenex.

Thanks for the memories Coach - prayers for the Robichaux family who will be in attendance this weekend. Sons Austin and Justin played for their father at ULL

On to the next chapter of ULL baseball - we got your back Coach Deggs - Geaux Cajuns

Comment

Glad to have the season finally start......basketball sucks!

Come on Horns! Need some overachieving surprises this year!

Comment

Tech opens the season with a 6-1 win against Houston Baptist. Double header tomorrow. I hear they might be good this year.

Comment

Ags offense looking better than last year so far. I know they’re playing Miami Ohio, but they seem more aggressive.

Comment

Nerds at rice can’t seem to get the stream working...[emoji35]

Comment

Frizzell with the 1st grand slam of the year for the Ags! Ags up 11-0 in the 3rd.

Comment

Its working now Dale! Zubia with a 2 run bomb! 4-2 good guys!

Comment

Freshman SS Faltine with the solo 5-2

Comment

Working...
                                X