No announcement yet.

Birthright citizenship to be eliminated by EO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple method of dealing with this is to assign a newborn child the same legal status as their parents. Citizen parent = citizen baby, green card parent = green card baby (applications tied together, same years counted), refugee status parent = refugee status baby, parent from another country visiting (legally) = child from another country visiting (legally), illegal immigrant parent = illegal immigrant baby. Where one parent has a "better" status than another, the child should be given the better of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
      Hmmm. Tell that to Afganistan and Vietnam. They seemed to put up a pretty good fight with "peashooters". You can let your buddies have yours. I'll keep mine.
      The Vietnamese had the things we don't: fully automatic weapons, bombs, tanks, planes, artillery, ships, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        You assume the government would have the support of the military, which it would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yep. I don't see any military action happening again in the US short of an invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
          Can you release an illegal Honduran to say Mexico ? Or do you need to send them all the way back to their home country?
          No, they have to be deported to their country of origin.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            The Vietnamese had the things we don't: fully automatic weapons, bombs, tanks, planes, artillery, ships, etc.
            They did for sure. But they did not come close to matching the firepower of the US military. South Vietnam (without us) had more firepower than the communists. It is my understanding that their will to win along with their "peashooters" allowed them to defend themselves against out military. That and a lot of weak US politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              LoL
              How can you interpret something that was written 200 years ago without current day context?

So you're ok with those liberal justices "interpreting" the constitution?

Because I don't think the intent of the 2nd is what many think it is.
              The same way other amendments have been interpreted by the SC, which were also written more than 200 years ago. Surprised you didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                That and a lot of weak US politicians.
                And China/USSR help. We would've won the Korean war too had China not gotten involved (and still might have had McArthur not had his head up his behind).
                Last edited by sir shovelhands; 10-30-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  You assume the government would have the support of the military, which it would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You assume the military is nothing but people who think like you.
                  How many joined the military just to avoid jail or escape the ghettos of Chicago?
                  You think they'll have issue with taking folks guns in Abilene?

You think the folks from Abilene will have issue with taking guns from the thugs of Chicago or Compton or New Orleans?

Didn't Kent State happen?

There are Americans employed by the government that are illegally spying on Americans now which is against the constitution.

Comment

Can you release an illegal Honduran to say Mexico ? Or do you need to send them all the way back to their home country?
                    I asked a few buddies that work for CBP/ICE I'll hear back soon.
                    I know for sure travel if a person is rejected in immigration/customs it is up to the carrier that brought them in to take them back to their port of embarcation

Land crossings would be tricky I guess

Let's wait and see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                      A simple method of dealing with this is to assign a newborn child the same legal status as their parents. Citizen parent = citizen baby, green card parent = green card baby (applications tied together, same years counted), refugee status parent = refugee status baby, parent from another country visiting (legally) = child from another country visiting (legally), illegal immigrant parent = illegal immigrant baby. Where one parent has a "better" status than another, the child should be given the better of the two.
                      I like this method
                      Problem is you'll need to verify citizenship of every mother
                      Oh wait, what about the immigrant who doesn't know who the child's father is then goes on a Maury tour circuit of trying to prove paternity?

How would spurm donors work?
                      Donor is American citizen but mom is foreigner.

But I like your method at the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                        No, they have to be deported to their country of origin.
                        Hmmm they originated in Mexico although they are if Honduran descent.
                        You're saying we have to ship them back to Honduras?
                        What if they aren't actually Honduran lie to us?

Comment

If we can send them to any country we want, send them to Antarctica.

Want to make a wager on it, say loser has to log out of TBH for a month? Or just the PACE forum since that is the only place you utilize your very unique online personality.

Comment

If we can send them to any country we want, send them to Antarctica.

Want to make a wager on it, say loser has to log out of TBH for a month? Or just the PACE forum since that is the only place you utilize your very unique online personality.
                            I didn't say we can send them anywhere we want.
                            I think it will be 1 of 2 things
                            1. Port of embarcation
                            2. Country of origin

I have no idea so I'm asking those who know

Comment

Incorrect. You listed 2 options.

Neither of which addresses a Honduran sneaking in through Mexico.

You are stirring the pot on so many threads, arguing for laws on one, and against laws on the other. My god man, how bad in your day to day life that you get joy from this?

Comment

Incorrect. You listed 2 options.

Neither of which addresses a Honduran sneaking in through Mexico.

You are stirring the pot on so many threads, arguing for laws on one, and against laws on the other. My god man, how bad in your day to day life that you get joy from this?
                                I believe you're in many more of these posts than I am.
                                Just do a search.
                                The thing is I stick out because I don't march to the best of y'alls drum (on things like this)

I believe you are FOR the 2nd on some posts and AGAINST obamacare in others so that's a wash.

I want to invite you over for Thanksgiving so you can see how it goes down with my uncles and cousins (you'll be on their team)
                                And eat some of my nana's recipe buttermilk pie

Comment

Working...
                                X