polaris mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polaris mechanics

I'm helping a buddy with his 2006 Sportsman 500 efi. It's been sitting for awhile. I cleaned the throttle body, changed all fluids, new spark plug, new air filter and a new injector. It wouldn't idle before but would run up top a little bit. It now idles good after I get it started. Falls on it face and bogs if you call on it. Won't gain over 4500rpm. It will sometimes at idle but not in gear running. It acts like plugged jets on a carb model. Any help is appreciated.

Has 353 hours and 2300 miles on it.

Try the fuel pump.
    My 09 Ranger has gone through 4-5 since I have owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Try the fuel pump.
      My 09 Ranger has gone through 4-5 since I have owned it.
      Or just try the fuel filter, which is attached to the fuel pump, in the tank. You have to take the seats out, to gain access.

Comment

Fuel pump. I'm on my 3rd

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Yep sounds like a filter or pump problem

Comment

I bought a 2007 that had been sitting. Cleaned the fuel pump and tank, new fuel filter, adjusted throttle body setting, put in a new fuel injector, checked timing. Improvement each step of the way but still was falling flat at higher rpm. Finally ordered a new seal for the airbox. That fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
              Or just try the fuel filter, which is attached to the fuel pump, in the tank. You have to take the seats out, to gain access.
              This one has a filter in line between the tank and the injector. I've replaced it. Right after the injector install it started right up and idled great, still fell on it's face and back to hard start again

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                I bought a 2007 that had been sitting. Cleaned the fuel pump and tank, new fuel filter, adjusted throttle body setting, put in a new fuel injector, checked timing. Improvement each step of the way but still was falling flat at higher rpm. Finally ordered a new seal for the airbox. That fixed it.
                Seal for the airbox?? Kinda odd. I'll try that because the seal is bad on it.

Comment

Mine doing the same but worse, new fuel pump didn’t work. Please chime in anybody, Im looking at throwing in the towel, new seal for airbox? Glad you got it going

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                    This one has a filter in line between the tank and the injector. I've replaced it. Right after the injector install it started right up and idled great, still fell on it's face and back to hard start again
                    Sounds like injector somehow got plugged again. I'd check the inside of fuel line to make sure it is still fully intact

Comment

Working...
                    X