X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoudad and timed protein feeders.

Who makes a tough one?
    TIA

Good luck.. Aoudad will tear something up "just because". If feed will fall out of it, they will beat it until they are full or the feed is gone.

Comment

I have a heavy duty homemade hanging tripod feeder they have never messed with. They have knocked over 6 other feeders on the place and they are at mine all the time.

Comment

I bought a real nice HB timed protein feeder, hopefully the aoudad aren’t real mad at it.
        How many lbs are y’all feeding and how many times a day?
        TIA

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          I bought a real nice HB timed protein feeder, hopefully the aoudad aren’t real mad at it.
          TIA
          Good luck. It doesn't matter how much or how many times you feed, they want it ALL and they wont stop beating on the feeder until it's all gone. Then they beat on it some more just in case 1 more kernel is still in there. Reinforce the feed tubes with good 2" strapping around the nozzles and 2 " angle iron bracing on the feed arms and you will be good on damage. Of course, they will still beat on it until it all gone.

Comment

Krivoman makes a sturdy one.

Comment

It’s made out of good steel.
              Attached Files

Comment

We have a Greengo and have had no issues going on the second season and auodad in it every day.

Comment

We have 1500# Lamco trough feeders. The aoudad were beating them up so bad, the landowner was considering getting rid of them all just to save the feeders.

Then I came up with a solution! We had some feed pen panels sitting around, and I designed a “cage” to go around the bottom part of the feeder. The cage is not bolted to the feeder, so if they ram it, it absorbs the shock and they cannot mess up the feeders. It worked so well, he decided not to have the rest of them trapped!

Before the cages, I was repairing a feeder at least once a month, sometimes more. Since the cages (it’s been a couple months now), the aoudad have not damaged one single feeder!!!

I made the cage where the one side is hinged and will open for access to the feeder door/motor. The timer/battery door is not covered, and there is all-time acces to it.

I have a video, but have no clue how to get it to upload.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    We have 1500# Lamco trough feeders. The aoudad were beating them up so bad, the landowner was considering getting rid of them all just to save the feeders.

Then I came up with a solution! We had some feed pen panels sitting around, and I designed a “cage” to go around the bottom part of the feeder. The cage is not bolted to the feeder, so if they ram it, it absorbs the shock and they cannot mess up the feeders. It worked so well, he decided not to have the rest of them trapped!

Before the cages, I was repairing a feeder at least once a month, sometimes more. Since the cages (it’s been a couple months now), the aoudad have not damaged one single feeder!!!

I made the cage where the one side is hinged and will open for access to the feeder door/motor. The timer/battery door is not covered, and there is all-time acces to it.

I have a video, but have no clue how to get it to upload.

Bisch

I can pm you my number to send the video.

Comment

TIA
                      A coon broke the weld on my timer door, on my 3 month old HB.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure!

Bisch

Comment

It’s made out of good steel.
                          Good looking feeder, but unless its 1/4 steel plate they will more than likely beat it to a pulp . Bisch's idea may work. PM Buff and get him to post pictures of before and after he fixed his timed protein feeders

Comment

I sent you the video

Bisch

Comment

Aoudad and timed protein feeders.

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Good looking feeder, but unless its 1/4 steel plate they will more than likely beat it to a pulp . Bisch's idea may work. PM Buff and get him to post pictures of before and after he fixed his timed protein feeders

Dean, it’s been 2 months since I added these cages to our feeders, and they have been at the feeders, but have not even put a dent in one yet! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t figure out a way to undermine it!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X