School me on working on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on working on the road

Need some help about how to be productive while traveling with work. Any tips or tricks to maximize the drive time or at least lose as little time as possible?

I make it a late night of travel. Usually leave 8-9 p and get where I'm going around 12-1a. Miss traffic in the metro markets I drive through and get more time with the fam. When going away I drive will most sleep.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good suggestion. Thanks

Comment

I use to get in a hurry. Leave and go straight to where I was going. Ive learned to slow down and enjoy it. Now I make it a point to stop somewhere every trip. Some place I havent seen. Even if its just a few "historical markers".

Comment

Do y'all use any schedule Apps or other electronic tools?

Comment

Originally posted by geauxgruene View Post
            Need some help about how to be productive while traveling with work. Any tips or tricks to maximize the drive time or at least lose as little time as possible?
            I listen to audiobooks and podcasts.

While you are driving check out our podcast too :-)

podcast.liveitfull.com or find it on Apple/Spotify as well!

Comment

I generally leave as late as possible so I can maximize time at home. Then when I’m out of town I make sure to get every possible bit of work done I can so when I get back home I don’t have to worry about it. It sucks working 12-16 hrs then getting back to the hotel and cracking open the computer but I force myself to do it. Also keep my laptop in the truck and when the guys go to lunch I’m usually knocking out whatever I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do yourself a long term favor: Don't be a "road warrior" for a career. Life is far too short to spend far away from home, family, friends, etc.

Comment

Stay outta bars ! Ask me how I know.

Comment

If I worked days I would get there about bedtime the night before. If I was working nights I would adjust my driver time to get there in time to kick the seat back for a few hours before shift change

Comment

Eat better as you will be sedentary and gain alot of weight. Look at truck drivers

Comment

You gonna get fat.......

Comment

Skip the soda and go for water!

Comment

Working...
                          X