X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
    I’m only getting mid day like 12-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be perfect for me! I generally only get to hunt midday out there.

I drive from Houston after getting kiddos to daycare and then have to leave around 3 to pick kids up, but just a few more years of this.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Somerville 21-22

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      That would be perfect for me! I generally only get to hunt midday out there.

I drive from Houston after getting kiddos to daycare and then have to leave around 3 to pick kids up, but just a few more years of this.

Yeah I drive from Cypress out there. I think I’m gonna switch up my hunt times for a while and see how that works out.

Last edited by rem788; 10-19-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I'm not seeing a couple pics I attached. Apologize if they are there and a double post but tapatalk isn't showing themClick image for larger version

Name:	20211019_185501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	24665721Click image for larger version

Name:	20211019_185249.jpg
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	24665722Click image for larger version

Name:	20211019_185118.jpg
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	24665723

Comment

Well, that's a heck of a buck!

Comment

What is the best cell service at Lake Somerville? I have att and it's hit or miss. Is Verizon better?

Comment

Somerville 21-22

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
              What is the best cell service at Lake Somerville? I have att and it's hit or miss. Is Verizon better?

It’s the same between the two as far as I’ve been able to tell. I have AT&T and my buddy has Verizon. We can both text but it’s spotty. Service is better once you’re off the ground but still not great.

Comment

Looks like shorts and flip flops weather again tomorrow. Anybody headed out there?

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                  Looks like shorts and flip flops weather again tomorrow. Anybody headed out there?

I’m headed out there tomorrow. Going to be a warm one

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
                    I’m headed out there tomorrow. Going to be a warm one

Good luck! Headed out there with my daughter. I’ll definitely be a sweaty mess by the time I get both stands and her up the tree.

Comment

I am working nights....Looks like November sometime before I head back out there. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Heading back out to the Yegua section here in a couple hours to arrive just before legal shooting light. It does look like it'll be a warm one alright so best keep hydrated y'all...hope the flooding has eased a bit since last weekend. And I hope the snakes and skeeters don't come back out. Last weekend's "chill" kept 'em under wraps most of the day which was nice. Wish I could say the same for the bleepin' fire ants! Still look like I've got a case of the measles from last weekend's ant fest . Good luck to y'all and perhaps I'll see ya out there.

Comment

Was out on Saturday and as figured it was crawling with other hunters. Normal for weekend hunting on Public Land as there's so little of it here in Texas. All I saw was Copperheads and skeeters and a lone rabbit. No hogs, no deer. weather had warmed about ten degrees from last weekend and it had dried out quite a bit. low water crossing on the Box 3 compartment usable again and it wasn't nearly as "swampy" in the Box 5 compartment as last week. Quite a fair amount of sign in both parts of the PHL I was in but I think the orange draped foot traffic was too much for them during daylight hours. I suspect after being hunted for a few weeks now they've become nocturnal, hunkering down in the thickest crap until after dark. That used to be a firearms season phenomenon but it seems to apply to archery season too nowadays with all the pressure they're under. Just going to have to work harder and get into those bedding areas...hope y'all have been having better luck. It would be good to hear some success stories from somebody to help keep the ol' spirits up

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho TradBow View Post
                            Was out on Saturday and as figured it was crawling with other hunters. Normal for weekend hunting on Public Land as there's so little of it here in Texas. All I saw was Copperheads and skeeters and a lone rabbit. No hogs, no deer. weather had warmed about ten degrees from last weekend and it had dried out quite a bit. low water crossing on the Box 3 compartment usable again and it wasn't nearly as "swampy" in the Box 5 compartment as last week. Quite a fair amount of sign in both parts of the PHL I was in but I think the orange draped foot traffic was too much for them during daylight hours. I suspect after being hunted for a few weeks now they've become nocturnal, hunkering down in the thickest crap until after dark. That used to be a firearms season phenomenon but it seems to apply to archery season too nowadays with all the pressure they're under. Just going to have to work harder and get into those bedding areas...hope y'all have been having better luck. It would be good to hear some success stories from somebody to help keep the ol' spirits up

Same here. When I went in there weren’t any other vehicles. I went into an area I haven’t hunted in a couple years and basically followed a highway from previous foot traffic. I saw three other hunters coming in while on stand then when I came out there were 7 other vehicles. I’m thinking at this point it may be best to be dropped off by helicopter somewhere in the middle then go from there. I don’t see a single thing but we had one deer blow right when we got down.

Comment

Headed up this afternoon to look for sign and start to learn the place. Hopefully being a Wednesday afternoon won’t walk up on anyone or mess anyone up. Had private land that I was hunting that unexpectedly went away so having to start over late in the season. Know it’s late to start scouting the area and hopefully don’t mess anyone up today.

Comment

Somerville 21-22

Originally posted by luke79 View Post
                                Headed up this afternoon to look for sign and start to learn the place. Hopefully being a Wednesday afternoon won’t walk up on anyone or mess anyone up. Had private land that I was hunting that unexpectedly went away so having to start over late in the season. Know it’s late to start scouting the area and hopefully don’t mess anyone up today.

Just make sure that you look around for human sign as well. If there’s a heavy foot traffic trail, game cameras, stands or trees with newly trimmed branches for shooting lanes it’s probably a good idea to move along so you don’t show up all excited to hunt then see someone else already sitting there. Been there, done that years ago. It makes for a rough morning trying to find another tree to climb in the dark and get set up. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X