Goldee’s BBQ Ft Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    In 2017 the wife and I did the Texas Monthly top 50, ate at nearly of them, in 62 days. It was a lot of fun. Cheapest brisket was $16. Most expensive was Wagyu at Mueller's in Taylor. It was $25 iirc and it was the absolute best brisket I had ever had.

Goldee's is over priced from what i hear and every time I go they are sold out by around 1, so I end up at Hurtado's in Arlington, which was a little less expensive, but very good. The kids running the joint were great to talk to though and i applaud what they are doing.
    Well, I am quite the idiot.

Goldee's has been named the best BBQ in the state! I am happy for the Young men running the joint. I met them and they all are passionate, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit about them, and seem like good kids.

NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth: Fort Worth Restaurant Named No. 1 on Texas Monthly's Top 50 Barbecue List.
    Texas Monthly has released its list of the best barbecue joints in the Lone Star State, and a Fort Worth restaurant claimed the No. 1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
      You are absolutely correct about the marketing, I've been to David's pretty darn good grub. The one I think is over high priced is Coopers. And I didn't know we had a shortage??
      The owner of One of the old small BBQ joints in Marble told me he is having a hard time getting brisket

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        Well, I am quite the idiot.

Goldee's has been named the best BBQ in the state! I am happy for the Young men running the joint. I met them and they all are passionate, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit about them, and seem like good kids.

NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth: Fort Worth Restaurant Named No. 1 on Texas Monthly's Top 50 Barbecue List.
        https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/fo...-list/2772257/
        Saw this earlier today.

Comment

If they are pricing their brisket at $25 a pound you are getting a bargain. Most are charging $15 for a half a pound, that way it does not seem so bad.

Not much on the reasoning for this years top 10. Some that made the top 50 are not that great and some that were left off are really good. It all depends on your taste I guess.

Comment

Congrats to Goldee’s, bbq is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
              If they are pricing their brisket at $25 a pound you are getting a bargain. Most are charging $15 for a half a pound, that way it does not seem so bad.

Not much on the reasoning for this years top 10. Some that made the top 50 are not that great and some that were left off are really good. It all depends on your taste I guess.
              They include all areas of the state. It's really not a 50 best list.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                All I asked was anyone been there. Good Lord
                Trouble maker!!!!!!!

Comment

The misinformation in this thread is awesome! From BBQ is overpriced to Georgia weighing in on briskets, this place has it all. Don't ever change Green Screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                    The misinformation in this thread is awesome! From BBQ is overpriced to Georgia weighing in on briskets, this place has it all. Don't ever change Green Screen.
                    You don't think bbq is overpriced?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      You don't think bbq is overpriced?

I don’t. Cost of raw materials is. Plus it’s all about what the market will bear . Gotta keep your margins. I have a “baseline” price when brisket is “x” amount a lb. then go up or down by the change in the per pound price. Or I could do like everyone else and just cut quality and decrease portions, which I’m not willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        I don’t. Cost of raw materials is. Plus it’s all about what the market will bear . Gotta keep your margins. I have a “baseline” price when brisket is “x” amount a lb. then go up or down by the change in the per pound price. Or I could do like everyone else and just cut quality and decrease portions, which I’m not willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Where's your joint?

Comment

Briskets are ridiculously over priced at the store.

The top joints are producing better quality than ever before because they buy prime and wagyu and charge 30.00 a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Where's your joint?
                            I'm up in Savoy. At the moment I'm doing catering, festivals, and trade days.
                            Also do whole meat sales (brisket, pork, chicken, ribs) about every weekend.
                            In process of getting a trailer. Setting up at the Lone Star Rally this weekend. My brother's place is in the perfect place to catch the traffic coming in.

FB: Gracie Jo's Smokehouse

Comment

I haven't gotten to try it yet but the pictures look excellant.

Gracie Jo's that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Briskets are ridiculously over priced at the store.

The top joints are producing better quality than ever before because they buy prime and wagyu and charge 30.00 a pound.

this

Comment

Working...
                                X