2 Blade Fixed Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
    So I'm thinking about getting some 2 blade fixed heads for my boy (14) and my wife to shoot this year. I wanted Carbon Express XT's but I guess they don't make them any longer?? What are some other ideas? I like the ones with bleeder blades, and don't really want to spend $40/3 pack as I'm sure they are gonna hit a rock or two. Never been impressed with any of the Magnus. Go!

Two blades are the way to go for lower poundage shooters, heck I’ve been shooting them exclusively for the last ten years myself. The only qualifier I have is that the head have a steel ferrule. Simmons, VPA and Tuffhead are the ones I would look at.

[emoji1662]

Comment

I can't stand the original ST's (fly awesome but terrible on-game performance), but the Viper Tricks have my attention.
      That's interesting Chance. Ive never heard that from anyone. Ive been shooting STs for a decade now and have never had anything but the best in the way of performance and flight. How did they fail you? penetration? poor blood trails?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        That's interesting Chance. Ive never heard that from anyone. Ive been shooting STs for a decade now and have never had anything but the best in the way of performance and flight. How did they fail you? penetration? poor blood trails?
        Well that's interesting, I've heard the same thing (as I'm saying) from quite a few. I gave them a good run but dropped them after one season. They are probably the most accurate fixed blade I've ever messed with. But consistently were horrible on deer and hogs. Not once ever did I get a decent blood trail. For good opinions just ask any of the deer dog folks about which broadhead they HATE to trail behind. But i hope you have continued good luck with them.

Comment

I’ve liked Slick Tricks the last few years, but use 4 blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
            Magnus black hornets. I have had great luck with them. They make them with and without bleeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This. Been killing pigs with em for years

Comment

Another fan here of the Magnus Black Hornets….I really like ‘em.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                Two blades are the way to go for lower poundage shooters, heck I’ve been shooting them exclusively for the last ten years myself. The only qualifier I have is that the head have a steel ferrule. Simmons, VPA and Tuffhead are the ones I would look at.

[emoji1662]
                Lots guys are "steel ferrule" only. Steel is tougher. I get it.

But I've shot both compounds and trad with Magnus 3-blades that have aluminum ferrules and never had a failure. Pass thru and stuck in the ground into rock is the only exception.

Comment

Well that's interesting, I've heard the same thing (as I'm saying) from quite a few. I gave them a good run but dropped them after one season. They are probably the most accurate fixed blade I've ever messed with. But consistently were horrible on deer and hogs. Not once ever did I get a decent blood trail. For good opinions just ask any of the deer dog folks about which broadhead they HATE to trail behind. But i hope you have continued good luck with them.
                  Wow thanks for the info and making me less than 100% confident in my equipment.

Ive shot 3 big animals with Iron Wills and not once did they leave a blood trail worth a flip. All lung shots. They all died and were found but man was I less than impressed. The bleeder blades didnt really open things up. I also shot a doe with one and she died in sight about 50 yards from the feeder pen. Heart shot. Again not much of a blood trail. She fell once along the way and there was blood at that spot but not much else.

Im leaving Friday or Saturday for Montana to hunt elk and I have been giving thought to using my STs instead of the Iron Wills again. Now I dont know.

Comment

Lots of Bear Razor-heads on ebay

Comment

I hunt with traditional bows. My broadheads are Zwickey and Tuskers. They been killing lots of critters for a very long time . Tuskers are very hard to sharpen but once there they stay sharp. Zwickey will cut your eyes just by looking at them.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Not cheap but you get what you pay for much like in Taxidermy...
                        They are Lethal....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Not cheap but you get what you pay for much like in Taxidermy...
                          They are Lethal....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7v7qp44DxoE_Mo
                          That Mako looks pretty cool!

Comment

That Mako looks pretty cool!
                            Yes.
                            I shot the Land Shark completely through a big bull Gemsbok while in SA.. The arrow skipped another 50 yards.

Comment

Killed a ton of critters with the Simmons landsharks...with and without bleeders. Easy to sharpen with a smiths hand sharpener. Looks like they did away with the hundred grain land shark and replaced it with the mako.

Comment

I only have experience with Stingers and Landsharks. Both performed great on critters. Actually some of the quickest kills I've ever seen from bow shot deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X