Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    LOL ok

Or

They are not testing for the Flu
    Hell I would ask him what all there testing for in his nursing facilities. I suspect he has a little knowledge on the subject.

Comment

How long will it take to completely get rid of everybody’s immune system with all the cleanliness going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the flu 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
          Social distancing, masks, frequent hand sanitation, few large public gatherings, limited travel the general public practicing better infection control process...believe it or not it works. Covid is much more communicable than the flu. Because much of the general public has become so much more cautious we have are on pace to have the lowest recorded number of flu cases ever. Regardless if we like the measures the govt has put in place or even follow them for that matter...they are effective.
          It's common sense, but the facebook doctors can't wrap their heads around this. People should be looking at the flu numbers and actually understanding how much worse covid would be without these measures.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            LOL ok

Or

They are not testing for the Flu
            Exactly.

Unrelated, I had the flu two weeks ago. Didn't get tested, just got in bed and slept for a day. It was gone 24 hours later.

Comment

I can say from my personal experience with a child in daycare that he has been sick very little this past year with all the precautions they have in place. I do have a coworker who's wife had the flu one month then covid a few months later. He nor none of his kids in the same house ever got it.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                How long will it take to completely get rid of everybody’s immune system with all the cleanliness going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                No ****. It's ridicules. Wait until some really strong virus comes along, our bodies will be so soft and immune systems so weak that it will wipe us out completely. Maybe that was China's plan all along. See how we react and then adjust. I dropped some food on the floor earlier and picked it up and ate it. My immune system gets plenty of practice.

Comment

I wear three masks and us bourbon as mouthwash so to answer the question NO Flu Here!

Comment

I've been teaching pre-k for 15 years. My class is capped at 17 students a year. I don't have any hard numbers, but it's safe to say that over the course of those 15 years my classes have typically averaged 2-3 flu outbreaks a year, and generally somewhere between 6-12 of my 17 students get the flu every year. This is because these students have never been to school and have no flu antibodies/immunity. In the 19-20 flu season I had three outbreaks, and 11 of my students got the flu (two of them got it twice). This year I haven't had a single case. I also haven't had a student get covid. This is because of all of the precautions we're taking at school, and that people are taking in the community. an ailment that many people in our community already have herd immunity to, and which already has an available vaccine has been knocked way down by social distancing, better hand washing, lack of public gatherings, etc. It's not rocket science, but there are a lot of people who are too dense to understand it. And why are covid numbers so much worse that flu numbers? Because we started with NO herd immunity and NO vaccine. The numbers would be astronomical if we didn't have so many measures in place.
                    Last edited by bullets13; 02-03-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Exactly.

Unrelated, I had the flu two weeks ago. Didn't get tested, just got in bed and slept for a day. It was gone 24 hours later.
                      So you're saying you don't actually know if you had the flu or not?

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        Social distancing, masks, frequent hand sanitation, few large public gatherings, limited travel the general public practicing better infection control process...believe it or not it works. Covid is much more communicable than the flu. Because much of the general public has become so much more cautious we have are on pace to have the lowest recorded number of flu cases ever. Regardless if we like the measures the govt has put in place or even follow them for that matter...they are effective.
                        I agree that the pre cautions have a positive impact.
                        My daughter has the flu now(almost done with it). We had her tested for covid immediately after symptoms and her not feeling well. She tested negative for covid(actually tested twice! doctor was so sure of himself). Right after that, same day got her in to the doctor and turns out she had the flu(they also tested her for strep).

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          I had the flu 2 weeks ago.
                          No you didnt, someone misdiagnosed you. You had Covid-19......

Comment

I get a weekly influenza report for Denton County. My last report was for 1/16-1/23. During that time 208 flu tests with 5 positives were reported.

The why behind this has already been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              Out of the tons of people I know, I have not even heard of a friend of a friend of a cousin's uncle getting it.
                              Same... 2nd most popular ailment after Covid...

Strep throat

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                Exactly.

You had "the crud"

Comment

Working...
                                X