No announcement yet.

Shooting into my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my take on this problem. The law regarding the firing of a projectile across property lines is pretty much unenforceable. You can have all the plywood erected on the fence line and have 20 holes in it and nothing legally can be done. How do you prove who fired those bullets? Remember, the GW has to prove who did the crime, not that a crime was committed. This is a stupid law that has great intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Here is my take on this problem. The law regarding the firing of a projectile across property lines is pretty much unenforceable. You can have all the plywood erected on the fence line and have 20 holes in it and nothing legally can be done. How do you prove who fired those bullets? Remember, the GW has to prove who did the crime, not that a crime was committed. This is a stupid law that has great intentions.
      Yep-- the law runs head on into the practicality train.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
        I’m thinking he said the other property is high fenced, so probably not drawing anything off the property.
        I missed the high fence part (if he stated it). Must be there to retain the pheasant. :-)

Comment

I'd be around that feeder all the time. Fixing fence, and maybe some target shooting during prime time. He'll move it when it's no longer huntable.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
            I'd be around that feeder all the time. Fixing fence, and maybe some target shooting during prime time. He'll move it when it's no longer huntable.
            lol yea. do all those things during prime time while in season and ruin your own deer season.

Comment

you can do what i did, i put up some old cans of tannerite there in big shiny white buckets,
              you will know when they hit them. lol

Comment

I'd call the guy and tell him that if he didn't move the blind - I will be building an new 8' game fence along the portion of my property that neighbors his.

Then I would follow through and build it.

I'd also leave the game warden out of it...

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  I'd call the guy and tell him that if he didn't move the blind - I will be building an new 8' game fence along the portion of my property that neighbors his.

Then I would follow through and build it.

I'd also leave the game warden out of it...
                  OP should build a high fence next to an existing high fence?

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                    So did anyone ACTUALLY shoot across your side or not?
                    Nope, not that I know of, he told me he has not yet hunted it. Funny that when I told him I would be up in a tree back there the next day he had a pheasant hunt going on right there. Surely just a coincidence? Worst part of all of this is that he won't even address the situation on the phone with me since the first call.

Comment

Take pictures of sending him sowmthing

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                        OP should build a high fence next to an existing high fence?
                        Ha - I'm not reading back through all the posts i probably missed. But if a high fence is there - why are we all worked up about this.

I guess ill head back over to one of the 13'' threads for my daily dose of ridiculousness

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                          Ha - I'm not reading back through all the posts i probably missed. But if a high fence is there - why are we all worked up about this.

I guess ill head back over to one of the 13'' threads for my daily dose of ridiculousness
                          Bullet crossing fence line is more serious than a deer from either side...

Comment

There's a greater than zero chance,that you're bullet's,bullets/shot;are landing on his place as well.

Comment

It's high fenced fella's..No one is trying to kill the fork horns off his 200 acres.

Comment

When you are dealing with a jackwagon you are not going to convince him to move anything.

Dealing with a very similar situation but the idiot is shooting right down the fence line - the blind is butted up against the property line fence (literally) and the feeder ten yards off the fence. We have done our best to mark the fence so the idiot the outfitter puts in the stand doesn't shoot over our fence or claim he didn't know where the fence is located. I have no doubt it will happen or has already happened.

In your situation, I guess I would be putting up an earth berm along that stretch on my side. Not worth the risk to me or my family/guests.

Comment

Working...
                                X