No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that makes more sense. I'm not known as the 'math dude'.

Comment

Yeah my guess is that there is somewhere between 10-20 million entries.

If the points range from 0-25 and you assume there is an equal number of entries at each point level(average 12.5 points) that comes out to 27,000,0000 points. It is not the same as just cubing 12.5 x number of entries. 12.5 million entries(12.5 cubed x 6400) vs 27 million entries(add up the cubed total of each number of loyalty points).

If the average was 15 points then to total cubed points actually increases to closer to 46 million entries because the higher you go over 15, the entries increase exponentially.

But my guess is that you actually have a lot more people with point totals under 12-15 than you do over it. Most people probably give up before they ever get to 20 points, or just forget to enter one year or whatever it may be and have to start over plus more new people trying the system than there are old guys who have stuck with it for 2 decades.

all of this just to say that I basically have about a 1/500,000 chance of getting drawn with 3 loyalty points. But I keep checking the TPWD site anyways just to make sure...
      Last edited by Phorizt; 08-04-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I got a pending 2nd drawing on Rita Blanca just now

Comment

I got pending 2nd draw on Rita Blanca as well.

Comment

Pending 2nd draw on all pronghorn hunts for me.

Comment

no pronghorn or dove for me. Now to wait for the deer/exotic draws

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post

But my guess is that you actually have a lot more people with point totals under 12-15 than you do over it. Most people probably give up before they ever get to 20 points, or just forget to enter one year or whatever it may be and have to start over plus more new people trying the system than there are old guys who have stuck with it for 2 decades.

You don't lose points you have earned under the TPWD draw system unless you are drawn. I have three points in Alligator and haven't entered in several years.

Comment

I tried to look this up but what does "pending second draw mean"? I know it means there is a second draw but when is the second draw?

Thats what mine says for pronghorn.
                  Last edited by JTCowpoke; 08-04-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                    I tried to look this up but what does "pending second draw mean"? I know it means there is a second draw but when is the second draw?
                    The drawn hunter will have so many days to pay for the permit. Not sure, but think they give you like 10 days. If a permit is not paid by then, they do the second draw. I don't know if it's the next day after deadline, but that's what I figure it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                      Does second draw ever get picked? My son is currently on second draw as well.
                      Yes we got picked 2nd draw for a youth hunt in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                        I already gained a loyalty point in a bunch of categories, even those that have not drawn yet... very strange...

Is anyone else seeing the same?
                        With the online system when you pay your application fee you get another point now, with the previous system you weren't awarded a point until after the draw if unsuccessful.

Comment

All right. There's been entirely too many watching swamp people. I can understand pronghorn and dove. But you people are really chillin my calm on this gator draw. It's gonna be a repeat of the squirrel fiasco of 17 all over again.

Comment

For statistical crew here, I noticed the hunt harvest reports from 2019-2020 have been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                              For statistical crew here, I noticed the hunt harvest reports from 2019-2020 have been posted.
                              Yeah but it's still incomplete. Maybe they will update it again.

Comment

Question for you that put in for the youth hunts for your kids. My youngest son will be old enough to start applying for hunts this year and was thinking about putting him and my oldest on separate applications to increase the chances of at least one of them being drawn for a hunt.

Question is, is that allowed or do we have to apply as a group? And if it is allowed, does it make sense to do it that way or would we be better off applying as a group?

Comment

Working...
                                X