No announcement yet.

G.O.A.T. Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had various bows from Mathews, PSE , Hoyt & Bowtech over the years and ended up selling them off.

The one I still have & keep going back to because I shoot it so well is a Reflex Charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
      When I think GOAT in the bow world, I think the bow that held its own for a long period of time despite new technology coming out every year. The Destroyer 350 did that. The Mathews Switchback did that. The Bowtech Tribute did that. There are a few others that I did not shoot that seem to have done that. Of the bows I have shot in my like the D350 held its own for the longest period of time.
      Very good point!

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        This is said in fun, so don't take it the wrong way :-)

You are either deluded, lying to yourself, or haven't shot many new flagship bows. :-)

This whole thread is comical, bows get outdated just like cars. People get caught up in nostalgia and like to think an old car or bow was better than it was, but old cars and bows alike just cannot realistically compare to today's products. That is not saying older bows don't work, but anyone who shoots a 5 to 10 year old bow beside a new one and says the older one is better is basing their judgment off of emotions and not facts.
        Why do nostalgia and emotion not count? The minor advances in technology over the last few years might not mean as much to someone that has proven experience with a favorite bow. Hunting is a mental game and if a familiar and comfortable bow helps the mental game then it could be better.
        I shoot a Mathews halon now and feel deadly with it. I’ve basically had great success with it and that confidence definitely plays into a decision on what I consider the best is.

Comment

Bowtech Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            2014-2015

Obsession Phoenix
            Obsession Evolution
            I totally agree with Antlers86 on the Evo. I have never shot a bow that I like better than this one. My second favorite bow that I wish I had back was my Bowtech Guardian. I have 2 true robin hood arrows and both came from the Guardian. One at 20yds and the other at 30yds.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
              mathews Drenalin. Only bow I regretted getting rid of.
              Same

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                Why do nostalgia and emotion not count? The minor advances in technology over the last few years might not mean as much to someone that has proven experience with a favorite bow. Hunting is a mental game and if a familiar and comfortable bow helps the mental game then it could be better.
                I shoot a Mathews halon now and feel deadly with it. I’ve basically had great success with it and that confidence definitely plays into a decision on what I consider the best is.
                I guess because feelings are feelings and facts are facts. I am not in any way suggesting old bows are junk and should be tossed in the trash, but as a tool they are not the equivalent of today's bows. Compare your Halon (which is a great bow) to the new VRX side by side and you will see the VRX is quieter and deader after the shot, not to mention you can swap top weights without a press or new limbs, all of that is improvements that are measurable. So, if the Halon was the GOAT, and then you improve upon it, it can by definition no longer be the GOAT. Just logic, no emotion involved.

If they quit making new bows tomorrow, the bows being built today would be the best ever built, it is really as simple as that. I think some of y'all may be Amish:-)

Also, I don't shoot a new bow, my hunting bow is 5 or 6 six years old and my target bow is 3 years old, and they are both still great bows, but I would be lying if I said they were as good as the new ones, or that I wouldn't swap one for a new one in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Bowtech Tribute. Wish I'd kept mine.
                  Agreed. Wish I never sold it! But last I heard, the new owner was whacking and stacking animals with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                    Drenalin

Drenalin, wishing I had it back now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      The improvement of these things in the last 10 years has been minuscule. The last 20 years improvements have been huge but not in the last 10.

You could take an Elite z28 from 2009 and whatever flagship bow from 2019 and shoot them side by side and the z28 would hold it's own.

Are the new bows better, yeah but not leaps and bounds.

Feel like I should add, I shoot an Athens. I'm not here to say whatever bow I own is the best. I don't care what people think about my bow. I'm just being realistic about the past 10 years of bow technology.
                      I agree with this 100%. I normally buy a new bow every 8-10 years. In the past it would be an OH WOW moment. My 2008 Alphamax was that way. It was head and shoulders above my previous bow. I now have a 2016 Elite Energy. It is a better bow but it wasnt OH WOW when I first shot it. They both are very efficient at killing critters so I doubt I will ever sell either one of them. There is going to have to be a truly groundbreaking change in bow technology for me to buy another compound bow. The minuscule advancements just arent worth the price tag to trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
                        HOYT Radian. Have shot other Hoyts and a couple Win&Wins but always seemed to go back to the Radian. Never shot a Gold Medalist but know people that say they were one of the best also. Staten ????
                        Radian was my favorite Hoyt recurve too👍

Comment

Switchback for sure on my end. Man I piled the animals up with that bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Dude! youre old!
                            I owned a Jennings Unistar too

Didn't like it as much

Shooting one of the last Assassins Bowtech made now

Comment

Obsession Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I owned a Jennings Unistar too

Didn't like it as much

Shooting one of the last Assassins Bowtech made now
                                i still have a bear Whitetail hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X