All seasons timed protein feeder 600lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All seasons timed protein feeder 600lb

Does anyone have a way so that come dark you can have minimal amount of feed left in this feeder? it claims it can hold 75 pounds in the actual feeder system. so unless the afternoon deer eat 75 pounds it will be in there at night defeating the purpose of a timed feeder. its hard to estimate how much feed is being eaten at each feeder per day because we have 10 feeders and they go from feeder to feeder. Any way to regulate amount of "feed held" once released? thx!!!

These have a standard timer correct? Where you could reduce the amount thrown so it doesn’t back up as much?

Comment

^^^Should be a standard time and yes, the throw amount and frequency could be lowered.

OP, you might also be able to pull it apart and come up with a way to block one or two of the chutes.

Comment

We only throw in mornings and deer normally clean it up before the next morning.

This is in the San Angelo area.

Rwc

Comment

thx for the answers. our issue is that this is their food source so I was hoping to make sure they are fed well but at the same time get them off nocturnal feeding! any ideas how ot do that? thx!

Comment

We set ours to go off in the morning, they will find out fast if they don’t get there they will go hungry.

Comment

I’m not sure I understand your question.

This feeder has a timer just like a corn feeder. You set the seconds it dumps the protein. You are in control of how much and when it dumps the feed. In reference to the 75 pounds…That is the max amount of feed the trays will hold before it backs up to the spinner. At that point it will jam up the spinner and will stop working.

You can set the feeder to throw 6 times a day or just once a day in the morning. If I remember correct one 10 second throw equals about 12 pounds.

Just watch your camera and keep adjusting the amount of feed to the when the deer are eating it all before dark. I hope that helps. I have two of these protein feeders and I’m a big fan of ‘em.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                I’m not sure I understand your question.

This feeder has a timer just like a corn feeder. You set the seconds it dumps the protein. You are in control of how much and when it dumps the feed. In reference to the 75 pounds…That is the max amount of feed the trays will hold before it backs up to the spinner. At that point it will jam up the spinner and will stop working.

You can set the feeder to throw 6 times a day or just once a day in the morning. If I remember correct one 10 second throw equals about 12 pounds.

Just watch your camera and keep adjusting the amount of feed to the when the deer are eating it all before dark. I hope that helps. I have two of these protein feeders and I’m a big fan of ‘em.

This.....the 75lb capacity deal there is only for a fail safe and protection for the spinner. I throw enough to fill the trays and a tiny bit is in the hopper they can lick out.....usually 3 sec in the am and 3 sec in the pm. I have been as low and 1 and 1 and high as 4 and 4. Never higher. The only way to make sure the feed is gone is the deer eat it and/or you have coons that clean it off after the deer are done. You have to learn your deer and what they want and it changes all year. Green up in spring or acorns in the fall they will drop protein like bad habit. In the summer or drought they will line up to eat it.
                Last edited by Smart; 01-04-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

One other thing....Coming off the droughty summer to a 4-5" rain and winter green up, the deer left the protein in the month of September and early October. I was rolling along at 4 sec and 4 sec and it backed up all the way to the spinner. I scraped off 2.5 5 gallon buckets of protein from the trays and out of the 75 lb hopper opening weekend.... luckily its all protected and still good and I can dump it right back in the top. Be prepared to do the same at times. You have to manage it and your deer.

Comment

Yep like said above you can control the amount. I would start with 1 second feed am and pm then bump to more as they hit it more frequently. I don't think I have ever spun more than 5-6 sec at each feed when demand is at its highest. Another option I do during high demand if needed is throw a 4 sec time then 1-2 hr later throw a 1-2 sec additional feed. That way multiple deer will filter thru at the second feed

Comment

Working...
                    X