Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

So I guess I'm rebuilding 2 boats at the same time now.....terrible idea!! However I couldn't pass this cl find up. I've wanted one since I first saw one 15 years ago in Poc. It needs work but I got a heck of a deal on the hull only.

The overhaul begins Saturday.

Mowdy s10
    Length 10'9"
    Beam 5'7"
    Draft 4"

Can run in 2" of water!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Be nice to have a rig like that with a 50hp jet on the back of it....

Comment

Gonna be fun launching that![emoji16]

First time I saw one of those Runnin in POC there was nothing but mud in his wake when he went by. Two guys and I think he had a 60 on it.

Sweet little boats for back bays

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's always been my dream boat

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
              That's always been my dream boat

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yep. This was one of mine too. It's going to fly around grass island and Pringle lake!!

Comment

I started sanding tonight so stay tuned for more exciting sanding action photos!!!!

Comment

Subscribed...looks like a hard life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

In. I love those little boats. They can all but run in spit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool little rigs, in on the rebuild!

Comment

Yep, youre gonna need more than 2" of water to unload. Love the trailer. That will be an awesome boat for sure. Nice snag!

Comment

FrogHunter, you must have some Coonazz blood in you! I got a boat habit too.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                            FrogHunter, you must have some Coonazz blood in you! I got a boat habit too.
                            There is none documented but that would explain my love for swamps, crawfish,frog legs and south la...!!!

Comment

As promised here are some exciting photos. First is one of 2 ugly spots in the glass. Looks like some trailer rash of some Sort. Cool thing is there is no wood under it so it's a straight glass hull . Nothing in there to rot! It will take 3 layers of glass to fix.

Next up there has been stuff attached to the gunnel through the years. Some with steel screws that rusted badly. I had to drill the screws out to remove them. I patched the bottom of the holes with fiberglass. Patches will be hard to sand out smooth because of their location. Not too worried about that though. If I can see them then either me or the boat is upside down...and I won't be worried about patches at that time!

Then there was trouble. I ordered 2 part epoxy filler for scratches. IBoats took my money and never shipped it out. Claimed I didn't give them an address although I bough it through PayPal. So in a bind on time I stopped at a local boat shop that I'm not too fond of and paid more for one can than I did for 2 cans on line WITH shipping. It was really pasty and didn't smooth out well at all. Sure hope it like ok once sanded down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X