No announcement yet.

Howa / Ruger American / or Tikka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage, they shoot with the best of them, nothing wrong the accutrigger on a hunting rifle. Just another one to consider. Howa is also good.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
      How about Bergara? Super nice rifles. Guarantee sub MOA. Great customer service. No it’s not the stainless barrel. But amazing rifles for the price. Just something to ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Stainless is a must have.

Comment

I have a Tikka T3 .243 and a T3x in .308 they are both great shooters, I won’t ever get rid of those. I also have an American predator 6.5 creed that I might let go of soon. It shoots good just not the gun that the Tikkas are

Comment

I think the tikka, howa, ruger ranking is spot on.

I have a ruger bedded in a Boyd's stock. Shoots great. Nice rifle but I know it isn't anything special.

I have a howa 1500, added a timney, and bedded it into a bell n carlson stock. Shoots great. Definitely a better riflle. I like it a lot.

Just got a new one. Thought about a tikka..... but I liked the overall feel of the Bergara. I couldn't tell much difference in their action and trigger (there are differences but I'm not very detailed nor picky); I definitely loved the Bergara syn stock over the tikka's. If it shoots sub MOA as everyone says, then I'm more than happy.
          Edit: if you are partial to stainless, tikka it is.

Comment

I own 5 Howa's and they are great!!
            I have a 270, 7mm08, 243, 308, 6.5 creedmore. All of them are lights out killers.
            Try one.

Comment

Tikka

Comment

I prefer Tikkas (22-250, 25-06, 270, 308)over Rugers, no experience with Howa

Comment

I have the ruger in 6.5. Stock options can be limited. I have the magpul Hunter stock. Trigger work can be done easily(I’m right at 2.0#). I’m sub 1/2 MOA at 100 with handloads and sub MOA out to 900 yards at this time
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think all three are decent choices with Tikka being the best. I have a ruger american predator in 6.5 cm and while I really like it, I don’t think of it as a generational rifle.

Comment

The factory stock on the Ruger is a joke. The comb is too low to get any kind of a decent cheek weld. I replaced mine with a magpul, it works but the forend is wider than I would like.

I wish I had bought a Tikka CTR instead of my Ruger american.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5BD65E7D-1652-44F5-8DD1-DC0540A46D36.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24599558

My ruger 6.5 on top . Sub MOA with factory @100 all day long
                        Last edited by Grulla; 11-15-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I can’t really say anything that hasn’t been said. Of the 3, Tikka without a doubt. That Savage American would be dead last. Im not saying they won’t shoot, they are just very very cheaply made. As mentioned above, Bergara would be one to look at.

***The fella above with the NightForce scope. I just have to ask, why do you leave that inspection stick on it? I just never understood that. I just unboxed my 5th one tonight and I kinda laughed as the first thing I did was rip that sticker off.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            I can’t really say anything that hasn’t been said. Of the 3, Tikka without a doubt. That Savage American would be dead last. Im not saying they won’t shoot, they are just very very cheaply made. As mentioned above, Bergara would be one to look at.

***The fella above with the NightForce scope. I just have to ask, why do you leave that inspection stick on it? I just never understood that. I just unboxed my 5th one tonight and I kinda laughed as the first thing I did was rip that sticker off.
                            Lol. Just never bothered me!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              The factory stock on the Ruger is a joke. The comb is too low to get any kind of a decent cheek weld. I replaced mine with a magpul, it works but the forend is wider than I would like.

I wish I had bought a Tikka CTR instead of my Ruger american.

Agree- by the time you buy the American and add the Magpul stock you’re at the price of the Tikka CTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                                Agree- by the time you buy the American and add the Magpul stock you’re at the price of the Tikka CTR.
                                I disagree but all good .

Comment

Working...
                                X