Just Missed a Big Auodad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Missed a Big Auodad

I'm here at Enchanted Rock and I missed a Big Auodad. The Park guide told me they see a lot of them on this rocky peak to my right. I have been setting here all day and haven't seen a thing. I'm glassing the ridge and I smell something I look out my front window and a big auodad is at about 30 yards walking into a deep ravine. I try to turn the rifle fast enough but couldn't get a shot off. I made the decision not to try to follow him and wait for him to come out the opposite side. He didn't come out where I expected and. Before he got out of sight, I made about a 200 yard shot through trees and brush at him. I looked around but couldn't find any blood. I been glassing 250-400 yards for 3 days and one walks 30 yards in front of me and I wasn't prepared

Didn't know that there were aoudad there. Good luck.

Comment

Yes, that and a few axis

Comment

Consider yourself lucky that you missed him. :-) Good luck with the axis!

Comment

They dont bleed a whole lot and can soak up some serious lead, i'd give the whole area a good look over to be sure you actually missed

Comment

maybe if you shot a 300 Win Mag with a Core Lokt that dood would be dead.

Comment

Glad u saw a shooter, hope u find him

Comment

They can take some serious lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                  They dont bleed a whole lot and can soak up some serious lead, i'd give the whole area a good look over to be sure you actually missed

This is exactly my experience with Aoudad. Hit one with a 300WM, double lung pass through. He still ran for a cliff 150yrds away. He **** near made.

High shoulder is my shot placement for them ever since.

Comment

I shoot them all the time and don’t be surprised if you hit him and he just walked off and died. My dad shot two standing right next to each other with a 308 right in the lungs and one just kept walking then laid down and died the other just laid down and kept looking around until he just laid his head down. If I wouldn’t have seen the shot I would have thought he missed. They are some primitive creatures, as I said I shoot them all the time I love to eat them and even with a 300 Weatherby magnum through the shoulders they will run about 50 yards.

Prayers you find him or get another shot at him.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      maybe if you shot a 300 Win Mag with a Core Lokt that dood would be dead.
                      Thats what I shot mine with a few weeks ago and it did the trick! But it did take two shots, the first got some lungs and he ran about 30 yards before slowing down and shaking his head, he then got a follow up shot and that put him on the ground.

Comment

Post pics if you get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X