No announcement yet.

Flu shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im done. Im about to take the 3yr old. 1yr old has to wait 2 weeks until follow up.

November 2018 through early February 2019 sucked...alot. Sick kids dont take holidays from being sick.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-08-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

If the government and pharmaceutical companies want me to have it, give it to me twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For most of my adult life, I've worked in jobs that were very much data driven.

If something is right, true or the path to follow, show it with data. Shouldn't be that hard. Data is data - it proves your point or it doesn't.

And if the only data you can find comes from the salesman? Well you know his job is to sell, right?

I'm neither pro nor con on immunization. The whole polio immunization thing did seem to work out pretty well.

I am pro choice on getting the flu shot or not though.

Show me independent data that will change my mind.

Until then, I'll stick with the data I have, which equates to - no flu shot, no flu.

Comment

In my opinion, many people react to secondary effects depending on their heritage, but no one knows for sure about the sickness, until they go to visit the doctor and even the doctor knows whats happen with you, but he will prescribe medication (until) you feel better because doctors are like mechanics they recommend change this and that until your car runs again, my point is why not try to visit your local pharmaceutic and try to combat the sickness with allergy medications? they are certified people too and both symptoms are equal, but you are not going to run with the secondary effects, God bless you.

Comment

I've had many years where I have got one and many where I have not. No correlation to me on whether or not it could have prevented the flu or was completely ineffective.

That said, I got mine this morning. Certainly can't hurt!

Comment

Pass.

Never had one and never had the flu (at least not that I can remember).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

not no but hell no! Ill let everyone else be lab rats for big pharma and CDC

Comment

Man some of you guys, do you wear tin foil hats all the time or just at home?

Comment

First time in a couple decades I’ve got mine. Did it for the 3 month old at home.

Comment

I have never had the shot and only had the flu once, it did suck for sure but the people and family I know that get the flu shot every year are the ones that always get the flu...splain that.

Comment

Got mine 2weeks ago. Last time I didn’t get it 2 years ago I got the flu.

Comment

I always wash my hands after I touch anything or anyone during flu season. I carry Germ X and I try to boost up my Vitamin C intake and Stay active. I just dont trust the Flu Shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            I have never had the shot and only had the flu once, it did suck for sure but the people and family I know that get the flu shot every year are the ones that always get the flu...splain that.
                            Maybe they're sickly people and the flu shot keeps it from being even harder on their bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              Pretty easy to explain. About 75% of the time, on average, the flu vaccine doesn't match up to the strain of influenza that goes around. In a really good year, it might be 50% effective. Influenza is a constantly mutating virus, so the vaccines are hit and miss - mostly miss. They probably won't kill you, but they're not very effective. My wife gets one every year. I never do. She's sick more often than I am. She works at a college and is around a lot of people. I'm not around as many people as she is. I try to keep my hands clean, and I avoid sick people like the plague (see what I did there?). Works better than a flu shot for me.

Comment

Of kids that die from the flu, 80% didn't get the shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X