Who's got a secret hunting room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
    House came with an excercise room that became the gear and trip room, so I guess it's kind of like a secret room, as nobody would suspect I'm in there.
    Just installed an airtight hidden door to a secret cigar/gun library with a little single lane pistol range today in a new home. I'll get a video or some photos once the granite is in and it's all done.
    Did another one a few years back that was hidden in fancy wall paneling in a long hallway that concealed a vault door and the owner had a hard time finding it at first. Every one we've ever done, the owner is so excited they have to show it to everyone, which defeats the point.

If you have any links you wouldn’t mind sharing or PM’ing I’m working with my builder now for my entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      All I see is all day drinking watching football, and card games that last till tomorrow!

It has produced a few headaches, though not lately. I don't hardly drink anymore but I do still spend quite a bit of time in there.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        If you have any links you wouldn’t mind sharing or PM’ing I’m working with my builder now for my entrance.

Our installers have the cigar room on Instagram right now @rustic_elegance_fc
        I’d be happy to share what we’ve learned. Tectus and Rixson are my go to hinges for swing out style doors. Swing in whenever possible is generally easier to conceal and use high quality interior door hinges. Everything is laid out and proven in CAD, then cut on the CNC, but could be done without all the equipment. Shoot me your number and I’ll be happy to help.
        Youtube has a lot to offer and great inspiration, but it won’t prevent all the pitfalls.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post

Is that a beehive above the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Is that a beehive above the TV?
            Hornets nest

Comment

Hornets nest
              Background story on that nest?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

My neighbor bought his property and built a house on there so he can target shoot and keep his mounts. He doesn't bother hunting it though, the deer just aren't big enough in the area... His whole house is his gun room.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                  Background story on that nest?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors
                  I really don't know the story other than my paw paw found it on his property and got it. Wish I knew the story, or better yet had video of him and my uncle getting it. He just gave it to me when I was building the room... Matter of fact I call the room "the hornet's nest"

Comment

I really don't know the story other than my paw paw found it on his property and got it. Wish I knew the story, or better yet had video of him and my uncle getting it. He just gave it to me when I was building the room... Matter of fact I call the room "the hornet's nest"

Awesome room and name

Comment

Thank you, I enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                        Definitely not a secret and I have crap spread out everywhere. But, this is where I build arrows and rig up fishing stuff. Not too bad.

Doc, you might need to replenish your arrow supply.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X