Vaccine Mandates - The Bright Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccine Mandates - The Bright Side

As I continue to see threads with people affected by the mandates and losing their jobs, I just wanted to try to add a little perspective that there could be a bright side. I am in the same boat, my company I work at has a Jan 4th deadline, extended from Dec 8th. I have worked there for 12 years and it is just the second job I have ever had out of college in 1998. I started making calls when the mandate came out and in very short order I had some things lined up and ended up accepting an offer this morning. SIGNIFICANTLY more money, title and of course responsibility too but it is a position I would have never sought out had I not been forced to look outside for something else. I realize that with skillsets and location constrictions that not everyone will be able to just go right out and find another job but sometimes all you need is a little nudge and fear of the unknown to get out there and understand your worth. I still hate everything about the mandates and feel for the people who are affected and don't want to change jobs, but just wanted everyone to know that there is HOPE and there are opportunities out there for good people who are willing to stick up for what they believe. If you or your family or loved ones are being affected by the mandates, just try hang in there, stay positive and keep fighting the good fight. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Congrats on your new opportunity!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Love a positive perspective..... the world needs more of this... Thank you

Comment

That’s great. Congrats!

Comment

How did you approach the whole mandate concern with the new opportunity??

It's something that really needs to be discussed on the front end to not waste everyone's time.

Comment

Congrats! I assume the new company has less than 100 employees?? Did you ask them how they intend to respond if the mandate gets imposed on all employers, including those with less than 100 employees, in the future?

Comment

Amen! Awesome

Comment

Congrats on your new role. Best of luck!

Comment

Congrats....good news coming from this madness is great to hear.

Comment

Big Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on the new position. Good luck on future successes.

Comment

Heck yes!
                          Congrats & good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            How did you approach the whole mandate concern with the new opportunity??

It's something that really needs to be discussed on the front end to not waste everyone's time.
                            When I started calling people, I reached out to people I have worked for in the past who are now at different companies. I was up front with everyone on why I was looking for a new position and we were on the same page from the start. I agree with you, this should be stated up front with any conversations you might be having with potential employers.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Congrats! I assume the new company has less than 100 employees?? Did you ask them how they intend to respond if the mandate gets imposed on all employers, including those with less than 100 employees, in the future?
                            Yes, under 100 and no contracts with the Federal Govt. We did discuss that and I fully expect the communists in charge to continue to try to impose their will on everyone and if it gets to that point, we will cross that bridge when we get there. We all may be looking for other jobs at that point. Trying to stay positive that sanity will prevail eventually.

Comment

Way to outsmart 'em and stay one step ahead HH!

Comment

Working...
                              X