Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactacam Reveal X Issues - Can Anyone help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam Reveal X Issues - Can Anyone help??

First off - I'm not here to start a debate about how good or bad these cameras are - I just want to know if anyone has had this issue and can help fix it!

I have two cameras that are not transmitting pictures anymore. They worked great for a couple of months and now nothing. Under the "camera" tab in the app, both cameras show the "clock" icon in red. Both have plenty of battery, signal, and card space.

I have tried to reach Tactacam customer service multiple times with to no avail. If anyone has had this issue and can help fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

...or does anyone have a direct contact to a Tactacam rep? If so, PM me please.

Originally posted by HIDE-N-SEEK View Post
    First off - I'm not here to start a debate about how good or bad these cameras are - I just want to know if anyone has had this issue and can help fix it!

I have two cameras that are not transmitting pictures anymore. They worked great for a couple of months and now nothing. Under the "camera" tab in the app, both cameras show the "clock" icon in red. Both have plenty of battery, signal, and card space.

I have tried to reach Tactacam customer service multiple times with to no avail. If anyone has had this issue and can help fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

...or does anyone have a direct contact to a Tactacam rep? If so, PM me please.

How much battery is shown on the percentages and what type of batteries do you have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
      How much battery is shown on the percentages and what type of batteries do you have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      100% on both - they have panels installed. batteries are definitely not the issue.

Comment

100% on both - they have panels installed. batteries are definitely not the issue.

I wouldn’t bet on that, I had the same thing happen on mine I used the hme battery and panel. Worked for a month and showed 100% then stopped sending pics. I took the panel off and put regular batteries in and worked fine. A buddy of mine has the same camera and solar pack and his works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You've probably already thought of this but a few weeks after I put out my first one it quit sending pics. I finally got a hold of someone and found out I had reached my limit of pictures for the plan I had. That info is on the app but you have to dig around to find it. I ended up buying overage protection

Comment

You can’t trust what it shows for battery life all the time. I also had a issue with the sd card before. It worked then stopped I changed the batteries and it worked for a few days then stopped working again. Turned out the card got corrupted. What size card are you using?

Comment

My guess is 2 things.
              Reached picture limit, I got an email from then stating I had rather my limit.
              Best guess dead batteries.
              Energizer lithium you'll get 3,500 ish pics.
              When mine did something similar he's what I did.
              Look @ battery level on last picture received.
              My app showed 60% Battery, last picture showed 1 bar. I replaced batteries. Worked. Bought 2 of the reveal solar charger/battery added that when I replaced batteries. Quit working again. Looked @ last pic. Had 4 bars on the battery and the app showed 100%. Saturday I went down to look at it. The batteries and solar battery was dead. Put in new batteries and replaced dead solar battery with a charged one. Working fine again.

Comment

I have the unlimited plan. Both cams have new 32GB card specified by the mfg.

I checked the battery symbol in the last picture taken on each, and they show to be full in the picture.

Comment

I also have other cams on the same plan that are working fine.

Comment

I have the unlimited plan. Both cams have new 32GB card specified by the mfg.

I checked the battery symbol in the last picture taken on each, and they show to be full in the picture.
                    I'm betting its the batteries... I'd start there.

I've been running 2 cameras for well over a year now and that definitely makes me think batteries

Comment

having the same issues ... sends pics sometimes, others it don't. Batteries show 100% and I'm pretty sure I'm not limited out on pics for the month. I haven't changed batteries during this time either because recently I put in new ones, so it being the batteries doesn't make sense either when I'm getting intermittent pic transmissions. I would think it would be 100% of the time or never.

Comment

I’ve had a few small issues. I’ve found that contacting them through Facebook messenger has been the quickest way. They usually respond in a few mins. Hope you can get in touch with the. They’ve been very helpful for me.

Comment

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Turns out my solar panel/pack got unplugged. I need to throw some backup AA’s in the camera just in case it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneman1 View Post
                            I’ve had a few small issues. I’ve found that contacting them through Facebook messenger has been the quickest way. They usually respond in a few mins. Hope you can get in touch with the. They’ve been very helpful for me.
                            Unfortunately I am still one that is not on FB. do you have a contact that you can share? PM me if you do please. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                              I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Turns out my solar panel/pack got unplugged. I need to throw some backup AA’s in the camera just in case it happens again.

One of the two cams in question had new AA batteries installed just a few days before it stopped transmitting. so it has AAs and a new solar panel connected as well (that was fully charged).

Comment

Working...
                              X