No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone spent much time behind the Pulsar Helion 2 PRO? Is it that much better than the helion 2?

Comment

Im real happy with the pro. Its been a great asset, helped us find a wounded scimitar oryx last weekend. I would say just get the pro but I havent compared to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        Anyone spent much time behind the Pulsar Helion 2 PRO? Is it that much better than the helion 2?
        Helion 2 XP50 PRO is definitely better than the Helion 2 XP50 but I don't believe the improvement is enough to justify selling your Helion 2 XP50 at a loss unless you just really want to spend the money to buy a new one. If you're looking for an excuse to upgrade, then yes, it is definitely improved but I can't in good conscience tell guys to run out and sell the Helion 2 to get the PRO.

If I was buying for the first time, I'd probably go with the PRO unless the Helion 2 was a real deal, which it was for a while leading up to Pulsar discontinuing it recently.

Jason

Comment

Any feedback on the comparision of AGM Rattler TS25 and the Pulsar Thermion XM30? From what little videos I've seen the Pulsar looked pretty grainy vs the AGM

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
            Any feedback on the comparision of AGM Rattler TS25 and the Pulsar Thermion XM30? From what little videos I've seen the Pulsar looked pretty grainy vs the AGM
            They are both nice scopes but very different units with different intended uses. The Rattler TS25 is a very low 1.5x base mag, intended for most shooting to be 20-75 yards. While 100-200 yards is absolutely possible, it's not it's strong point or sweet spot. On the other hand the XM30 is 3.5x and while closer range shots are do-able, it's sweet spot is 75-200 yards and it's much more difficult to use on the closer range shots under 50 yards due to the high magnification and narrow FOV.

As to the image quality differences, the Rattlers are definitely crisper and clearer because the XM30 has a fixed focus lens. But if you use the digital zoom on the TM25 to go up from 1.5x to 3x, the XM30 will look far superior at it's base native mag of 3.5x even with the fixed focus.

So at the end of the day, it really all boils down to how you'll be using the scope. Both are really nice and the Pulsar has some nice features and the Rattler TS25 is a darn good bargain as well.

Here is our discussion on all the models on The Late Night Vision Show

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uosOBZ4daQI"]Ep. 150 | Entry Level Thermal Scope Comparison **Under $3K** - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              They are both nice scopes but very different units with different intended uses. The Rattler TS25 is a very low 1.5x base mag, intended for most shooting to be 20-75 yards. While 100-200 yards is absolutely possible, it's not it's strong point or sweet spot. On the other hand the XM30 is 3.5x and while closer range shots are do-able, it's sweet spot is 75-200 yards and it's much more difficult to use on the closer range shots under 50 yards due to the high magnification and narrow FOV.

As to the image quality differences, the Rattlers are definitely crisper and clearer because the XM30 has a fixed focus lens. But if you use the digital zoom on the TM25 to go up from 1.5x to 3x, the XM30 will look far superior at it's base native mag of 3.5x even with the fixed focus.

So at the end of the day, it really all boils down to how you'll be using the scope. Both are really nice and the Pulsar has some nice features and the Rattler TS25 is a darn good bargain as well.

Here is our discussion on all the models on The Late Night Vision Show

Ep. 150 | Entry Level Thermal Scope Comparison **Under $3K** - YouTube
              Thanks for info sir. I'll watch the video when I get time

Comment

I just received my 2x wraith and I took it out in the back yard last night to look at things. It is surprisingly clear. I was able to distinguish between axis and whitetail at about 150 yards. Brush between the scope and target does kinda wash out the view sometimes but for the price I think it’s definitely going to do what I bought it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                  I just received my 2x wraith and I took it out in the back yard last night to look at things. It is surprisingly clear. I was able to distinguish between axis and whitetail at about 150 yards. Brush between the scope and target does kinda wash out the view sometimes but for the price I think it’s definitely going to do what I bought it for.
                  The Wraith is the best bang for the buck for night optics IMO. Obviously there are better options but you cant beat what you get for the price.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	86EBB31E-742D-4C87-AD68-8CA2AE81C2EA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	24670056

Name:	4534451A-2A03-4C5F-9362-6EC455268F2D.jpeg
Size:	562.9 KB
ID:	24670057

Name:	2A89FBAE-8873-4B40-AE58-46BCE6BD6284.jpeg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	24670058

Some of nighttime wheat field rooters with Sightmark Wraith. Only downfall I’ve seen is when they take off away from you and they create a dust cloud it washes the background out making it hard to see them running away to shoot again. I think thermal would fix this issue but for the $$ and what little I use it for (Primarily feeder hunting) its definitely worth the $$ without breaking the bank. With that said I’m in market for entry thermal for field hunting now.😁

Comment

For a $2,000 dollar budget or less is the Pulsar Core RXQ30V a good choice?

I don't care about video. I want one that is easy to use and a good clear pic. Let me know what you experts think?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        For a $2,000 dollar budget or less is the Pulsar Core RXQ30V a good choice?

I don't care about video. I want one that is easy to use and a good clear pic. Let me know what you experts think?
                        I would imagine that the AGM TS25-384 would be a better option for $100 more. I would holler at Jason at Outdoor Legacy and pick his brain.

Comment

My first coyote

Name:	EFE343C4-2EBE-4D6C-BC76-949502FA8DA1.jpg
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	24670098

Comment

Any of those cheap digital NV scopes are good for 1 shot!

Good luck with multiple shots on groups with those scopes

Comment

First trip out with the bravo was a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X