X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke and mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out hunting today. Listened to the first quarter. Lost interest. Watched the low and high lights.

In the NFL you can't play with a sense of urgency when ever you feel like it. Your hair better be on fire from start to finish. That's what I get out of it when watching.

Then it comes down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.

Comment

Garrett must be back in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
          Garrett must be back in the building.
          They scored enough points to win but the defense gave up too many points so they obviously lost. I am a believer that your 2nd and 3rd tier receivers whom for the Cowboys have looked really good until they are covered by 1st tier defenders. Even so, there were plays to be had that did not come to fruition due to bad throws, dropped balls and bad line play(penalties or missed assignments).

As one of the commentators mentioned on another network, the Cowboys have a multitude of problems when the wheels come off, it’s not like it was just that Dak had a bad day.

Defense played bad in my opinion as far as missing a bunch of tackles. Did the injuries help creat some of this?? No doubt, but the games are played with the players that can play on game day.

Can they play better once some of the starters get back, for sure. At least that is what I am hoping. Go Cowboys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            They scored enough points to win but the defense gave up too many points so they obviously lost. I am a believer that your 2nd and 3rd tier receivers whom for the Cowboys have looked really good until they are covered by 1st tier defenders. Even so, there were plays to be had that did not come to fruition due to bad throws, dropped balls and bad line play(penalties or missed assignments).

As one of the commentators mentioned on another network, the Cowboys have a multitude of problems when the wheels come off, it’s not like it was just that Dak had a bad day.

Defense played bad in my opinion as far as missing a bunch of tackles. Did the injuries help creat some of this?? No doubt, but the games are played with the players that can play on game day.

Can they play better once some of the starters get back, for sure. At least that is what I am hoping. Go Cowboys!!
            Until this game, except maybe the Denver game, the defense has/had been pretty good, not world class, but livable+. But, I believe, as do many others, good defense lives on the heels of a good offense and vice versa. Good offense lessens the time and assault another team can muster.

I'm not REAL sure the defense will be MARKEDLY better when full strength resumes on days where the offense is inept or against and top5 offense.

As someone alluded to above, you just can't turn "a sense of urgency" on and off. Sure, there will be lulls, but had best be ready to go 60 when you hit the field.

Armchair quarterbacks are also afforded the luxury of hindsight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                ESPN’s woke mob put pressure on Jerra to give Dak da big contrak. And, he caved. .

[emoji23][emoji23] I’m sure you actually believe that bull****.

Comment

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before…the Cowboys secondary couldn’t cover an elderly amputee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Stop me if you’ve heard this one before…the Cowboys secondary couldn’t cover an elderly amputee.

They were feeble at best. Most of the pi penalties seem to occur on plays where the QB seemed to have time to drink a beer before throwing the ball.

Referring sucked but was equally bad for both sides. Some commentators were say what is obvious to us all. The zebras need to let the players decide the games on the field.

Cowboys deserved to lose that one for sure IMHO. Played uninspired defense.

Comment

The Cowboys secondary has sucked for at least 20 consecutive years, it’s just who they are. That’s why it drives me so insane that they over draft, and overpay positions like RB, and LB, and let players at premium positions slip away.

Comment

Their receivers have a better chance of catching Covid than a pass
                        Couldn’t resist given the season…no pun intended

Comment

My son just said the coach Mike tested positive for the rona...

Comment

Lamb, and Cooper back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Lamb, and Cooper back.

how about the O line?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                My son just said the coach Mike tested positive for the rona...
                                Hmm….might be a little better clock management now

Comment

Working...
                                X