The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
    I wish Smoke Wagon was easier to get. Seems like I never see any, and no stores even say they have gotten any in. Is it this hard to come by in Texas?
    I was able too snag 3 bottles of SW uncut and a bottle of EH Taylor SB this week. It’s all about making connections at the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post

I can’t wait to try this one! Does anyone have any reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As crazy as it sounds…. Tons of maple on the nose. Reminds me of a pancake breakfast. It’s actually one of my favs but have to be in the right mood for it cause it is a lil sweeter to me than others.

Great choice though! [emoji1360]

Comment

Haven't participated much here but do participate in all things bourbon and whiskey. Picked these two up in what I thought might be a dry run. Lady thought she had a big fish and started pushing me towards Stagg, Blanton's etc. I passed, for now.

It pays to hit the tiny liquor stores in small towns.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211124202639_IMG_1051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24669765

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          Haven't participated much here but do participate in all things bourbon and whiskey. Picked these two up in what I thought might be a dry run. Lady thought she had a big fish and started pushing me towards Stagg, Blanton's etc. I passed, for now.

It pays to hit the tiny liquor stores in small towns.[ATTACH]1071690[/ATTACH]

Man a pass on Stagg and others? What kind of prices were they?

Comment

80 for the ER. I think the STAGG Jr was 299. Blanton's 159. I didn't concentrate cuz I was light headed from the excitement of finding ER. Going back Friday.

Comment

80 for the ER. I think the STAGG Jr was 299. Blanton's 159. I didn't concentrate cuz I was light headed from the excitement of finding ER. Going back Friday.

I would’ve passed on the Stagg jr for that price myself. Probably would do the same with blantons

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                I would’ve passed on the Stagg jr for that price myself. Probably would do the same with blantons

Going from a brief glance. Will go back to concentrate on Friday.

Comment

Traded into a W107, WFP, and CYPB, so I had to move some bottles onto a shelf since my little cart is full. Hopefully someday I’ll get lucky and have a full set.

Comment

You paid $80/bottle for er?

Comment

Is Still Austin full proof worth $60?

Comment

Any recommendations for a good whiskey or bourbon “occasion” bottle at $100 or under? Usually sip Woodford, TX Bourbon, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                          You paid $80/bottle for er?

No. I paid $160 for two bottles. I've never seen it in the wild and I've been searching. I'd pay it again. It's just money.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                            Any recommendations for a good whiskey or bourbon “occasion” bottle at $100 or under? Usually sip Woodford, TX Bourbon, etc

Try Woodenville whiskey out of Washington
                            Eagle Rare
                            Garrison Bros from TX
                            Noah's Mill
                            Old Forester prohibition or old fine whiskey
                            If all those fail, get you a Wild Turkey 101 and an ice cube and enjoy the best $23 dollar bourbon on the market

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Weller 107 OWA is my go to and best bang for the buck.

Comment

Old Forrester Prohibition Style 1920 is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X