Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which arrow set up would you prefer?

This is a follow up to my other thread:

Which arrow set up would you prefer if both arrows shot great?

Draw length 28", bow set at 65lbs.

Easton Axis Match Grade 300 spine- Cut to 26.75" carbon to carbon (total length from end of insert to nock throat 27 7/8"), 100 grain insert, 125 grain head, total arrow weight about 550 grains. Roughly 16-17% FOC.

Easton Hexx 330 Spine- Cut 27.25" carbon to carbon, 75 grain insert, 125 grain head, total arrow weight about 445 grains, FOC 18-19%

Mainly hunting whitetail and pigs from a tree or a ground blind. Max shot would be 40 yards.

If shooting fixed blades the Hexx. If shooting mechanicals axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot sirius Apollos 450 grains. I've never had a deer stop it with trypans. I wouldn't be afraid to shoot anything in North America with a 450 grain arrow.. I'd just change heads depending on the animal..
      The axis is the tougher of the two arrows.
      That is the first thing I look at. I've crushed weaker arrows hitting bone. If the arrow fails the broadhead doesn't matter..
      Last edited by jds247; 10-28-2021, 06:12 AM.

Comment

The proven 450 gr option.

Comment

Axis set up.

Comment

Arrows get too slow for me beyond 500 grains. At 28” 65#, I’d go 455 with a good head.

Comment

I can say that his Axis 5mm Match Grade arrows are lethal. Put them to use today on a doe. Full pass through.
              Attached Files

Comment

The one that you have the most confidence in and feels right to you, both will do the job.

Comment

I would go with the Axis, but use a 50grn insert with a 100grn head and a 25grn impact collar. Around 500 grains seems to be the sweet spot for me as far as speed and arrow weight goes. I’m a 28.5” draw at 70lbs. I wouldn’t get to hung up on the FOC. This is simply my opinion, I would build a few of each and test them out!

Comment

Heavier arrow setup will have a better chance of penetrating.

Comment

I’ve got the Easton Axis 5mm with 75gr outsert, 125gr heads, and blazers. With a nocturnal they are 548 grains and they hit like hammers. I blew 3 through pigs last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X