No announcement yet.

Big Boy steam engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids are pumped about this and I am too. We are going to see it and then try and watch it Sunday as it rolls on by.

Comment

Going tomorrow....................

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Man I wish there was a stop between Hearn and Houston. I hate the idea of dealing with Houston idiots to get to view it!
        Saw on the news, from Hearne, it was going to Navasota.

Comment

Its a great train to see. We saw it last time it came through Navasota.

Just last week I took a ride on the 1880 steam engine in Hill City to Keystone South Dakota. Very neat experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It came through my town. I took my boys to see it pass through and it was awesome!

Comment

I wasn't there but looked like half of Hempstead came out today for it. Neat deal

Comment

Took the girls to go see it parked last night in Hearne. The amount of folks there was insane

Comment

Must see/experience for young and old. Don’t miss out.

Comment

Every town and crossing in N Texas had people watching it, glad it generated so much interest. Nice diversion from the mess we're in.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                      Took the girls to go see it parked last night in Hearne. The amount of folks there was insane
                      We got to Hearne around 5:15 but it took us 15 minutes to head south on 6. We finally pulled into the parking lot at the animal shelter and walked to the tracks.

The grands were pretty impressed for about 5 minutes.

Comment

While it's impressive parked, you really need to see it in motion.

Comment

Cousins went and checked it out - They loved it.

Comment

We went Friday to see it in Denton. It was an hour behind schedule, so we scrambled up towards Aubrey and got to see it rolling. He was flat out moving when we saw it

Then Sunday we drove to Midlothian to see it stopped. Then proceeded to play leap frog with Big Boy and saw it at full steam speed at 3 different spots

It was fun and all 3 kids enjoyed it

Comment

Matthewc131 and I are trying to get there around 10:30...............
                              Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 08-17-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Well that did not work. Thousands of people - parking a mile away.

Went back to the office.........................

Comment

Working...
                                X