Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with Quid Pro Quo?

That's how life moves forward.

For example, if you help me with my hunting lease, I'll let you hunt. What's wrong with that?

(**note, this is not a real offer for you to help me and for me to let you hunt my place. This is for example purposes only.** )

Not a thing wrong with it. Nothing is for free even though many would like it to be.

Comment

By God, if we're giving a country billions of dollars... we'd better **** well get some quo out of it.

Comment

I've done many a quid pro on my lease. You buy the gas and help me fill my feeders and bring some whiskey, I'll let you shoot a doe

Comment

Absolutely nothing is wrong with it, especially when asking for help investigating corrupt politicians....

Comment

I still just do not understand how anyone can blame Trump for looking into possible corruption. One would think if he turned a blind eye and did NOT ask them to look into it THAT would be the problem.

Plus this is like having two cases. One with video/obvious proof (Biden) and the other a big maybe at best. So they ignore the obvious crime and focus only on the maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I still just do not understand how anyone can blame Trump for looking into possible corruption. One would think if he turned a blind eye and did NOT ask them to look into it THAT would be the problem.

Plus this is like having two cases. One with video/obvious proof (Biden) and the other a big maybe at best. So they ignore the obvious crime and focus only on the maybe?
              I agree 100%

Comment

They’re claiming that in this case he was using it to damage a political opponent.

It’s the President’s job to set foreign policy. It’s the President’s job (per congress) to make sure that foreign aide funds are not going to be used illicitly.

So in other words, the only thing they can say he did wrong here was target a political opponent (funny how they weren’t worried about the IRS scandal or the reporters that were spied on and charged in the last administration). Which makes you wonder why Joe, who is clearly confused and bewildered is running in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big issue with current deal is the political opponent part. If Biden wasn't running for President, would Trump have ask the same favor? Also it is the superior position. Kinda like your boss saying you will get a paycheck on Friday, if you go wash & vacuum his truck.

Comment

I get in trouble for quid pro quo at work...you give me that and I will get you a better job/salary.

Sometimes it is acceptable, other times not. When it comes to spending my tax $$….I want some "pro quo" for my "quid"!!!!!

Comment

None of it matters. After the Senate acquits Trump the demo will come up with something else to go after him with. I'm beginning to believe that the "whistle blower" does not exist. Fictional character made up by the dems.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        None of it matters. After the Senate acquits Trump the demo will come up with something else to go after him with. I'm beginning to believe that the "whistle blower" does not exist. Fictional character made up by the dems.
                        same

Comment

The only real issue is Trump seemingly targeting Joe Biden for political purposes. I think the DNC did the exact same thing with Ukraine in 2016, but either way it’s wrong. Trump could’ve told Zelinsky he’d like it if he found out what happened with election interference from Ukraine, gone way into detail about his concerns, named as many people he wants information on, no problem. It was when they decided to hold up military aid that gave the democrats room to investigate. Either way, they would’ve made a fuss about it. He could have done this in a cleaner way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            That's how life moves forward.

For example, if you help me with my hunting lease, I'll let you hunt. What's wrong with that?

My question is do I get a nice size buck for the help??

Comment

Its a bad bad word like collusion constitutionalist and patriot. Bad bad words.

Comment

Working...
                              X