Property Taxes at Work - SMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Taxes at Work - SMH

Apparently the Decatur ISD has expanded its boundaries to include the Jalisco state in Mexico

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Or a family member is visiting for the holidays and is taking the kid to school? Or the family recently moved and hasn’t changed their license plates? Or any other number of possibilities? Just so I know, how do you know your tax dollars are paying for them? Please ask them for me, record the interaction and post it on here.

Comment

That vast majority of my property taxes which are about 20k annually go towards school funding. I can screen shot a breakdown of my property taxes from Wise CAD if that will help paint a better picture for you. So any child that attends decatur ISD is doing so on a portion of my property tax along along with every other property tax payer in my county.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
        Or a family member is visiting for the holidays and is taking the kid to school? Or the family recently moved and hasn’t changed their license plates? Or any other number of possibilities? Just so I know, how do you know your tax dollars are paying for them? Please ask them for me, record the interaction and post it on here.
        X2
        Would imagine its a family member visiting if I had to guess

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          X2
          Would imagine its a family member visiting if I had to guess
          I suppose they've been visiting since school started in August

Comment

So this kid lives in a property tax free home?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              So this kid lives in a property tax free home?
              Doubtful. But the post was about my property taxes not this family's landlord's property taxes.

Comment

You do know it does not matter if a kid is born here or here illegally. They will be registered and going to public school and if financially challenged eating “free” lunches.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  Doubtful. But the post was about my property taxes not this family's landlord's property taxes.

Yeah they must have a land lord. Couldn’t imagine those free loaders owning anything. How’d they even get a car? Must be some kind of government subsidy. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    You do know it does not matter if a kid is born here or here illegally. They will be registered and going to public school and if financially challenged eating “free” lunches.
                    I think the free lunch applies to anyone who finds making a lunch an inconvenience.

OP, they are chasing a dream

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      Yeah they must have a land lord. Couldn’t imagine those free loaders owning anything. How’d they even get a car? Must be some kind of government subsidy. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Well they obviously haven't taken the time to pay a tax and register it here since school started in August.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I think the free lunch applies to anyone who finds making a lunch an inconvenience.

OP, they are chasing a dream
                        We all are chasing a dream and there is a right and wrong way to do so.

Comment

$20k in property taxes...wow. And I thought my little $4k bill for our small house in San Antonio was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                            We all are chasing a dream and there is a right and wrong way to do so.

Yes sir.....and I agree with you.
                            The idea that vehicle is a relative visiting is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post

OH, it's not just lunches anymore. It's breakfast, lunch and then snacks before they head home. AND this goes on ALL summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X