Help me pick out a new watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A month ago the led went out. Typical for the batteries in it to go out every 6mo. the last few times. Since then the screen has had colors in it. Almost like water damage. In the cold morning yesterday while in stand it fogged up inside. That was new. Then when I went to set the time for the change this morning the knob was gone and it didn’t start working after I dialed back the hour. It’s a 5.11 HRT. I decided on this one about 7-8years ago. Have had it serviced once with the lens replaced. That was a few years ago. I wear it everyday and chose it because it was recommend as being a tough watch.l was tired of losing and replacing band pins. This watch was advertised as rugged and has pins that are actually screws. It’s been a great watch. I’m really thinking about a Luminox but not sure if rugged enough for what I out them through. What do you have that’s tough, looks good, doesn’t have a metal or leather band?

What about something like a Hamilton with a canvas band?

This is what I wear hunting and fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 11-03-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

My sons G-shock has been through hell and back and still ticking. He has done just about everything with his watch and still looks almost brand new. I would get one, but they are a little to big for my little wrist.

I have been looking at these, but know nothing about them.
      Attached Files

Comment

I picked up a Garmin Instinct a few months ago. Very happy with it so far. Has a ton of functions for all kinds of athletics. Includes a GPS with some minor mapping, tracking, ect. And an app for the cell so you can transfer data when ready. I wear it every day. And only time I've had it off is to recharge it. Usually get about 10-14 days from a charge. Not an overly large watch either. In about the same price range as your previous watch.

Comment

G shock

Comment

[ATTACH]978846[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]978847[/ATTACH]
            Last edited by TxAg; 11-03-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Find a rugged eco drive, like the chandler military inspired. I cannot stand replacing batteries and charging a watch is even worse imo.

Comment

Tissot...….….

Comment

As some have already mentioned, find a G-shock that is to your liking. They even have the “Steel collection” now if you want something a bit nicer looking than the regular. The one I’m currently wearing, “the Rangemaster GW-9400”, I’ve had since 2013. It’s NEVER had the battery replaced. It’s charged via solar. It’s been well abused and it still looks as new. It’s been all over the country, from sub zero temps to 120 degrees. I’ve worn it spear fishing in the gulf. I’ve never had a single issue with it. I have several watches with automatic movements.....Seiko, Hamilton, etc. I wear them for dress mainly. Nothing compares to the durability of the G-shock.

Comment

I have a GShock and it’s beet put through some rough stuff.

Comment

Luminox.....good enuff for our Navy Seals.....dang sure good enuff for what I have put mine thru in the last 2 years!!![emoji457]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot the pic...lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend G Shock. My son, my wife, and myself have several of them.

Comment

Check out Reactor watches. They are hard to find at local retailers. But readily available online.

Comment

Check out Nixon

Comment

Working...
                              X