Once in a Lifetime buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once in a Lifetime buck.

We have 16,000 acres in Webb county that is low fence. We have managed it for 20 years. I have been fortunate to be able to take some great bucks off the ranch. This weekend I finally got my chance at a buck we call Booner. We call him that because he had an awesome 10 pt typical frame that we felt could one day Make B&C 170 net qualifications. We almost tried for him last year but we felt he would be just over or under the 170 net mark. We have watched this buck fo 5 years. We have never seen him in daylight in the last 4 years. During those years he has only eaten cottonseed and protein. Not a single drop of Corn....ever while on camera. Once he has finished growing and sheds his velvet he has become a Ghost. Until February when we start feeding again. This year we got our first pic of him back in July and we couldn’t believe what we saw. How does a buck that has been a Typical 10 for the last 5 years suddenly throw 2 huge drop tines????? Just goes to show what age a nutrition can do for any buck. I made the decision that this was who I was going after. I gave myself very little chance of getting him but he would be worth holding out all year if need be. He was consistently showing up every other day at 6:am and midnight. Occasionally he would show up at around 8pm but always under the cover of darkness. Saturday morning he made his first daylight appearance and I was lucky enough to may a great shot on him. Lionel Garza...Mr Muy Grande himself scored him at 188-7/8. He had about an inch of one G4 busted off so he could have Squeezed out 190. Score never mattered on Booner. He is a buck of a Lifetime. I want to thank the Lord for blessing me with the opportunity to connect on such a Majestic and One of a kind buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang that is awesome bud. Congrats! I love Webb county

Comment

Wow. Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats!

Comment

He is a beast! Congrats.

Comment

Love me some drops. Absolutely beautiful buck! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. What a great Deer. Congrats

Comment

That is one amazing deer! Congratulations

Comment

Beast mode!!!!

Impressive buck. I love seeing what bucks do from year to year. It’s crazy how drops come and go.

Big Congrats on one heck of a special deer. Thanks for sharing.
                  Last edited by Bone Thug; 10-30-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

absolute S T U D. Way to go man

Comment

Very Nice, Congrats!

Comment

Awesome story on a once in a lifetime deer. Congrats to you sir!

Comment

awesome buck man!

Comment

Wow. Congrats indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X