need some advise please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some advise please!

What should you do when a school gives coaches and or teachers that are having a inapropeate relationship with a student a choice of leaving before being fired!

Happens more than you would think

Comment

Depends ..are we talking from the teacher or coach point of view or a parents?
      Pretty sure there's a law against it and any school not reporting it is liable.

Comment

Parent & employee

Comment

Call the police.

Comment

Originally posted by misson1 View Post
            Parent & employee
            Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Call the police.
            Make sure you have all the facts beforehand. It's a sue happy world.

I don't know how your district works internally, but most have procedures in place for issues such as this. I know for a fact that as a teacher or administrator whom new this took place, you could loose your job for NOT reporting it.

It's your job to report it if you know it has taken place.

You mentioned they were offered a chance to leave not subject to termination? Do you know the child's parents aren't aware?

By approaching the administration, you put them on the spot...
            Last edited by Chad C; 02-09-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Investigation is the job if police.if a school is acting inappropriately in dealing with an allegation I would error on the side of protecting a child.

Comment

Give 'em the option,and let the authorities handle it from there.....

Comment

If you suspect anyone is having an inappropriate relationship with a minor( or even an 18 year old) student you have to report it to police. Better to be wrong in the long run then to find out later it happened to other children

Comment

Originally posted by misson1 View Post
                    Parent & employee
                    It is up to the police to investigate and file charges. Leting them resign just saves a drawn out firing process. They will never get another teaching job if convicted.
                    Last edited by Zookeeper; 02-09-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure about teachers, but as a paramedic I have a DUTY to report any suspicions of abuse, neglect, molestation etc. If I fail to report these suspicions to the appropriate authorities, I can be held criminally liable. I would assume the same holds true for teachers (I'm assuming you are a teacher at the same school and this is how you know of this situation.).

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                        I'm not sure about teachers, but as a paramedic I have a DUTY to report any suspicions of abuse, neglect, molestation etc. If I fail to report these suspicions to the appropriate authorities, I can be held criminally liable. I would assume the same holds true for teachers (I'm assuming you are a teacher at the same school and this is how you know of this situation.).
                        Correct...

Comment

does the whole Penn State scandal ring a bell....if you are an eye witness and have proof, bring it to the attention of the proper authorities...if you do not have proof or are working under the assumption based on circumstances, you can wreak havok in a lot of lives and make many open to civil litigation and retaliatation, especially in a small knit community

Comment

Man, you never heard of this kind of thing when I was in school. Then again, I don't know what 16 year old boy would want to get together with a 60 something year old, long skirt wearing she devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              Man, you never heard of this kind of thing when I was in school. Then again, I don't know what 16 year old boy would want to get together with a 60 something year old, long skirt wearing she devil.
                              When I was in high school there were some mid-20s female teachers that were hot. I never found if the stories about them and students were true or just rumors.

Comment

Working...
                              X